No announcement yet.

West Cornwall Local: Bug & Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually the 72 tube stock in the bakerloo route has also a working traction interlock.

its just called door interloc / override. So if a door fails to close the sensors can be isolated. Probably used for maintenance inside a depot too.

Comment

The DRA on the Class 150 seems to not function correctly after closing passenger doors. When activated, it does prevent power being applied, but when you close the doors, you can drive off with the DRA still on.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
        AmScot01324_Rivet commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm, thanks for this one - haven't seen it before, so I have reported it to our dev team to check out.

• Jasper_Rivet
        Jasper_Rivet commented
        Editing a comment
        I can verify that, just tested. Will add to our bug tracking system, thanks a lot for reporting!

@Jasper from Rivet:

Thanks for the Response. Im fully aware, that my points about the 150 (beside the guard panel) all covering advanced features, which need time and ressources for development (research on top).

With the package of West Cornwall, which includes a Route, a new train, a "new" cl.37 with 2 new wagons i would say the dlc its worth its full price.

Here my solution (suggestion) for a possible "business" model:

If Rivet releases a Loco with a Route or as a loco dlc, it would be a standard version like now (includes the nessecary features for driving the stock realisitc).
      So for train enthusiasts or "hardcore" simmers a "Advanced Range" would upgrade the Train with advanced features like local starts, working fuses and advanced procedures (preheat or mounting the reservoir hose for towing in case of the 150 etc..). This "Adv Range" upgrade could be sold between 15 and 25 Euros on top of the basic version, depends on the train.

A2A simulations has this model for their content in the flight sim genre. Its possible to buy a basic version for people like just to fly around. and for people liking the "real thing", they get a fully functional cessna. Price: 60 dollars.

Train simulation is a different thing, but im sure there are many customers, who like the "Real Simulation", so for those customers its also usually obvious, that all the extra features costs extra money in development. Just Trains Railjet ADV for TS is still sold around 50 Dollars.

So at the bottom of the line, since im surrounded by trains, bogies and wheelsets etc. the entire day im probably expecting a Lot from a software developer in terms of technical aspects for TSW2, but really never ment to implement all that for free.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
        Jasper_Rivet commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool, thanks for taking my feedback so well, that's nice to see! ^^ Re the "advanced version": At least an interesting thought, thanks for sharing it with us!

Managed to consistently cause the door issue to happen. If you have the doors close or open and open one of the passenger doors locally then try to close it via cab or controller shortcut it breaks the doors and stops them from closing or opening till you manually close or open each door.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
        Editing a comment
        Good to know, thanks! I'll share with the dev team now.

I’m realistic enough to know that scenery is not going to be 100% accurate and I am, in the main, happy with it. However, I believe that it is important that major landmarks are accurately modelled. In this route, stations and viaducts are mainly good but there are some landmarks that are less than acceptable such as Truro Cathedral (which Jasper himself said on a stream was not accurate) and the building on St Michaels Mount. Also the lack of water in the Hayle Estuary around Lelant. I’m sure other people can think of others (there is a mine building missing I have heard menioned but can’t remember what it was called).

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
        Editing a comment
        Fair points and as you said, we are aware. Some things won't always be 100% accurate but the ones you mentioned overall should be addressed. Thanks.

Just noticed in Winter months, stations dont lighten up earlier. So in November at 17:30 everything is dark. This should be adressed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WCL_Darkness.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	5880

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow, totally see what you mean. I haven't seen that reported yet, so I've included it in today's reports to the dev team. Thanks.

1: On the turbot wagon all the brakes hoses are slightly of position.
      2: One of the middle hatches of the turbot wagon isn’t properly outlined.
      3: The rails of track 1 at Penzance is over a few meters twisted at the end of the station.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
        Editing a comment
        Hi, thank you for reporting these issues. What platform do you play on?
        I've reported them to the dev team just now.
    Working...
    X