Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Cornwall Local: Bug & Support Thread

Hi folks,

this thread is here to help with any bugs/problems you encounter. Of course we'll help with any questions you might have.
    Please feel free to help other players, we'll jump in as well of course!

Cheers,
    Jasper

Hello, dear Rivet Games. West Cornwall Local is for sure the best product you made for Train Sim World 2, but it needs some fixes too. And one of the most noticeable ones is for sure the lack of scenery between Lelant and Carbis Bay on St. Ives branch. And that's not just some lack of scenery - its purely no scenery there. (screenshot below) That is really upsetting, as St. Ives branch is quite scenic and nicely done apart from this and some small mishaps. I really hope it gets your attention, and you will fix it, as for now it looks like the route is just unfinished and was released before the initially planned date.
    Attached Files

Comment

• NoOne
      NoOne commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Jasper! Thanks to paying attention to all these forums, it’s appreciated too!

About the system, I use Steam on Windows 10, and have never encountered any other platform/system specific bugs. I have quite a good laptop, so the graphics are maxed out as high as the game supports, so I guess it shouldn’t be a problem. Hopefully you, as devs, will look into this and find a way to solve it! And by the way, if you find a solution, may there be a chance that you try it on Arosalinie? It’d be really nice to have beautiful mountains in all their glory, and not with distant scenery missing. Thank you again for paying attention to the community!

• Jasper_Rivet
      Jasper_Rivet commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I have a pretty good computer (some of my friends refer to it as a Nasa PC because it's so powerful), but I was able to spot these blank areas as well. I had a look at it on Google Maps (see for yourself: https://www.google.com/maps/@50.1916.../data=!3m1!1e3), it is quite empty in real life too. But I'll mention it to our devs anyway, a few bushes would be good. 🥲😉

• NoOne
      NoOne commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, thank you for that! Hopefully the fix will come! Even if the space is quite blank in reality, it’d be great to have some grass and bushes like to the other side of the tracks.

Whenever you load up a Class 08 service on the WCL route, it shows an empty description with the title “Pilot-Loco Release” when you load up the timetable, there isn’t a locomotive but there is objectives

Comment

Hi Teh Angry Bird345 I've reported this to the dev team to look into, thanks for reporting the issue here.

Comment

During WCL scenerios, the brakes randomly apply, leaving no explanation why, emergency brake wasnt applied, both loco/train brake released, it wasnt until I check the brake selector ( vacuum/air brakes) that they automatically reset after uncoupling from your formation, weather this is intentional or not I dont know, but that's the fix right there, that brake selector resets itself after uncoupling.

Jason

Comment

Okay, I don't know whether this issue has been already reported, in any case thank you for your spot!

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
            AmScot01324_Rivet commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, matteo. Yes, these are all reported. Cheers! ~Michele

On ps4 I have noticed that the AWS sunflower display on the Class 150 is not animated correctly when passing clear signals and constantly illuminates as it should for adverse aspects.
          Also the scoring for some services/training sessions is not correctly set meaning that gold medals are unachievable.
          Lastly, the immersion controls on ps4 do not seem to have the R3 button functional for the exterior camera view. When pressed following on screen instructions, nothing happens and the follow up instructions will not trigger meaning inability to complete the level.
          Last edited by Lesopc; 11-07-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
            Editing a comment
            Lesopc Thank you, I've got that all reported to the dev team.

Hi Rivet

I’ve played multiple scenarios and a few times the doors do not shut. Can you please confirm you are aware of and fixing this?

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
            Editing a comment
            Hi, just to be sure - at what point(s) are you having this issue? Thanks.

• AWS flower always yellow even when passing a green, It seems to turn on when you turn on the master key almost like its a light bulb.
          • Doors randomly will not close after opening. Tends to happen if you press the key to open twice in rapid succession or open the both sides then try to close one side before the other is finished opening. Has happened numerous times in service mode and in a scenario.
          • The exhaust smoke vanishes after getting up to around 45mph and stays gone till the engine is full shut off then restarted.
          • AI trains leave with taillights and headlights on.
          • Guard panel on console is a blurry blocks its sucks that it is not useable because it would be nice to control the doors like on Cathcart Circle Line Its one of my favorite parts but the fact that its a chunky block makes it unpleasant to even look at. Alot of your customers want to be able to use it especially since its a slow regional train where you have time for it.
          Not enough to make me refund it like rush hour but it is quite annoying mainly the doors. As for sounds i can get pass that because i know the limitations.

blocky guard panel

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reporting these, they've been sent on to our dev team. We're really sorry you're annoyed, that's the last thing we want to do to our community folks.

Other than that ive been enjoying the route its pretty fun could use a random 4 car service here and there but overall i like it. Not sure hard hard it would be to add but i think the front door needs a climb up point added so if you walk out the front door you can climb back in.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
            Editing a comment
            Glad to hear you're enjoying the route and your ideas are fair enough. Don't know if there would've been a climb up point, but I'll pass along to the dev team. Thanks!

I meant like the in game climb up feature same as when you fall off a platform you can climb back up. The side doors have it but the front does not.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
            Jasper_Rivet commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks again for the feedback, I'll add that to our system! (I noticed that as while enjoying the Class 150/2 today, seems a little bit odd, although you can "work-around" by just using the side-doors).
            Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 11-13-2021, 05:39 PM.

I posted this as a separate thread but as it didn’t get a reply and this support thread has since appeared, I thought I would put it here.

Can I point out an error in the timetable for West Cornwall. No trains appear to stop at Lelant Saltings station. Although the Park and Ride facility is now closed, at the time that the route is set (1992), it was well and truly open and trains were booked to call at this station (although not all as far as I remember). I have used this facility and station myself on several occasions.

There are always passengers waiting on the station. Someone should tell them, the poor dears.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
            Jasper_Rivet commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, that was probably me forgetting your post after I created this thread - sorry!

I don't know why the trains aren't stopping there, will ask our devs if there's a reason - or otherwise just tell the passengers that there won't be a train stopping. 🥲

Since there is no thread by now, here can people report bugs, appear in West Cornwall and its Rolling Stock.

So from my side ill start with a few things i noticed, and its all constructive in Rivets best to improve them self . I enjoy West Cornwall, so would be nice if Rivet does something with the feedback and reports they get.

1. Turbot Wagons Bearing Housing missing at one side of the Bogie (Other Side the Housing is mounted)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_Turbot - Wagon_Bearing Housing.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	756.0 KB
ID:	5840

2: Platform Marker at Redruth Station is too long (Trains have wrong stopping points) --> Visible on map too, its the platform direction penzance. (No Pic)

3: Brake selector of the class 37 is turning automaticly when coupling and uncoupling --> This is a simulator and when my Selector is in vacuum condition there is a Reason for that, no need for a phantom operating the selector back to air when i uncouple to light engine. The cl. 37 is really detailed in technical terms and fuses etc., so for air brake condition the "vacuum exhauster" above the selectors needs to be deactivated, the compressor switch operated from change over to normal & the Vacuum chambers need to get vented.

So pls just do not implement automatic selector changes, because for real simmers its immersion braking. There is even a separate thread in the DTG Forums. For people never heard of different braking modes, a simple manual could be created in one A4 page.

Name:	1_Class 37 Brake Selector .jpg
Views:	84
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	5839

Attached Files

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
            Jasper_Rivet commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Meridian and thanks a lot for your detailed feedback!

I reported the issues with the Turbot wagon and the platform marker at Redruth. Good spot on both, especially the missing bearing was a good one!
            I wrote down the 37 brake feedback as well, not sure if it's going to be implemented at that stage. But i'll forward it to our devs for them to have a look at it.

Cheers!

Here my second Post about the really nice looking Class 150/2:

Rivet advertise them self with Quality addons in the Simulator genre, so again take this as constructive feedback --> Because my points are adressing features beeing standard in other DTG dlcs, i will write them here in the WCL bug Thread:

1: Class 150/2 Guard Panel --> We have a Class 313 & 314 EMU in TSW2 with both working Guard Panels. Rivet was even part of the development for the Catcarth circle. So why the exactly same Guard Panel on the 150 isnt working at all...?. (Reported many times in the Final feedback Thread on DTGs forum)

2: No working Start Battery & Aux Battery isolation switch: Basicly all Loco DLCs in TSW2 has the Battery Isolation switch implemented as standard, which makes it important for setup the train from Cold & Dark. --> Why not the 150...?

3: No Working Local Starting & Stop Engine Procedure: The class 101 for example has a fully supported local Start procedure incl. turning mechanical shafts. Why is this important: For Cold Starts the Units might get setup from the outside, while a warm engine with no problems can be started from the cab. So Why in the cl. 150 non of this implemented....? I saw the branding of the valves and all that is done almost perfectly by Rivet. (In the Pic below marked the buttons incl. Engine Isolation Switches)

Name:	02_Cl150_Local Start & Stop.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	614.0 KB
ID:	5842

4: Preheating & Traction Interlock. --> In the Cl.37 we can cut out traction motors inside a bogie in case of problems. The 150 has a Traction Interlock which would make it possible to isolate the traction of a defective DMU Car. Also the preheating is nessecary for starting below -10 degrees. Here as well Why its not implemented..?

Name:	02_Cl150_Fuses.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	5843

So thats basicly it. Fact is, that TSW2 is way more detailed in terms of technical details. (That was by the way the only reason why i changed from TS to TSW2). Today with Simmugraph and the entire engine the community expects a certain standard when it comes to quality.

My opinion is Rivet has to do better in technical features when it comes to their locomotives. Not working Guard Panels and lack of features will make people disappointed. Also checking physical behavior before an entire rework would be needed.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
            Jasper_Rivet commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks again for the detailed feedback! I'll mention these to our devs, let's see with what they come back to us. And whilst I think these would be used only occasionally from little few players, it'd be great to have those options. But for now, don't interprete this as a "we'll add the fuctionality".

Thanks for the manual as well, that was well known already. 😊

And yeah, you're absolutely right on expecting more simulation depth then what you were having in Train Simulator. And there is already a lot more depth to it with Simugraph for example. We'll happily take that feedback and improve further on from that.

My 3. post is about a Cl.150/1 & Cl.150/2 Instruction Manual, which is public:

http://locodocs.co.uk/brmanuals/150-...tions-1987.htm

Here few pics:

Name:	Cl150_2_Drawing.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	5845

Name:	Cl150_2_Aux_BIS_Local Engine Stop.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	5849

Name:	Cl150_2_Starter BIS_Engine Stop Start.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	5847

Name:	02_Cl150_Gear & Torq Converter.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	422.9 KB
ID:	5848

I wish Rivet good Luck on their future path in creating nice dlcs for tsw 2.

Attached Files

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
            Editing a comment
            So much in-depth, thanks for sharing. I am sure the dev team will be happy to see all of this.
        Working...
        X