Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOW - Class 483 door operation question

Hi guys.

Are the "Door Cut-out / Door Cut-in" buttons in the driver cab working as intended?

I was hoping they'd allow the player to operate the doors without having to rely on keyboard shortcuts (for immersion).

The game manual suggests the buttons have been modified to enable door opening / closing by the player, but that's not what they are doing.

Current behaviour:
    • Pressing "cut-in unlock", starts the passenger loading timer but doesn't open the doors (breaking immersion).
    • The player must manually open the doors, using either a keyboard shortcut, or by switching to the guard panel.
    • The player is required to manually select open / close several times because the train thinks the doors are already "open" (timer has started but doors are closed - immersion breaker).
    • After manually opening the doors, Pressing "cut-in unlock" in the cab again closes the doors in the driver's car only.
    • The second car remains open, which again requires an additional manual intervention to close those doors. Seems very odd and impacts immersion.

Can the cut-in buttons be modified to enable door control from the cab?

Cheers
    Last edited by Paulie; 05-15-2021, 01:57 PM.

Having played the IOW route more, I have observed several bugs:

1. When the driver spawns into the cab, the seat is always up, even though the driver is "sitting" in it.
    2. The train stopping indicator (CTRL+7) does not work on any of the scenarios
    3. Depending on the original orientation of the train, the guard panel is disabled when switching to it from the driver cab using the left / right arrow keys, so none of the buttons on the panel can be interacted with. The only way to get that working is to jump to the rear cab then navigate to the guard panel
    4. AI trains operate at night without any lights whatsoever (headlights or passenger lights) - a big immersion killer

5. The sea horizon is very off-putting, to the point I don't want to look at it (which is the opposite of how it should be). Please, please change the horizon to look more "natural"

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	4639

Thank you!
    Last edited by Paulie; 05-16-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I believe that the doors were controlled by guards, hence the guard panel

Comment

Originally posted by Formulabee View Post
        I believe that the doors were controlled by guards, hence the guard panel
        I'm aware of that. My question relates to how these buttons are intended to work for the purposes of the game, as there is additional contextual text in the manual suggesting they have been optimised for "player convenience".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	17.9 KB ID:	4643

Having them function as door open / door close would certainly optimise player convenience..

That still leaves the issue of the guard panel not working when switching from the cab using the left / right arrow keys, which impacts immersion.
        Last edited by Paulie; 05-16-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
          AmScot01324_Rivet commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there. I've asked one of our developers to have a look at these for you.

• Paulie
          Paulie commented
          Editing a comment
          Much appreciated, thank you

Let me quickly add something to this, even though AmScot01324_Rivet already forwarded it to the devs.

You're right, the guard panel should work from both cabs, this is definitely a bug. The wording in the manual isn't quite on spot, as you spotted, the doors won't open from the cut-out switches in the cab. The easiest way is using the signal request menu (pressing the TAB key on PC).

We tried to keep the experience as close to reality as possible, that's why we went for the approach that you can be driver & guard (which usually operates the doors). But the implementation isn't perfect, that's true. But be sure, we learned from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
          Let me quickly add something to this, even though AmScot01324_Rivet already forwarded it to the devs.

You're right, the guard panel should work from both cabs, this is definitely a bug. The wording in the manual isn't quite on spot, as you spotted, the doors won't open from the cut-out switches in the cab. The easiest way is using the signal request menu (pressing the TAB key on PC).

We tried to keep the experience as close to reality as possible, that's why we went for the approach that you can be driver & guard (which usually operates the doors). But the implementation isn't perfect, that's true. But be sure, we learned from it.
          Hi Jasper.

Thanks for the update. How about this as a compromise solution:

Currently, the lower cut-out button won't open the doors, but it does close doors that are already open - but only in the driver's car. The doors in the second car are unaffected, necessitating additional intervention by the player.

Can this be updated to close the doors on all cars please? That way at least half the procedure can be "simmed" by the player using the cab panel. Pressing the buttons really adds to the immersion. I'd be grateful for this update - anything to avoid the dreaded tab menu! 😂

I believe the upper cut-out button is supposed to set all doors to either locked or unlocked (to simulate providing / removing passenger access to the door controls). However, currently pressing that button creates a weird intermediate state where all doors are neither locked or unlocked (if you press tab after pressing the top button you'll see that all door lock / unlock options are active, which is impossible - the doors must be either locked or unlocked, they cannot be both simultaneously). If that button could be updated to set all doors to either locked or unlocked, that would enhance immersion.

Thank you

Comment

Hi @AmScot01324_Rivet could you also ask the developer to look into why virtually no rain hits the driver's window please? It works perfectly with snow, but not rain (making the wipers completely redundant, even with max rain settings- which is a big immersion killer).

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X