Signal links/dispatcher wierdness between Göschenen and Gurtnellen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal links/dispatcher wierdness between Göschenen and Gurtnellen

Hi there. I’ve been creating advanced Quick Drives for the Gotthardbahn. Here are some observations.

Switches: Between the mentioned stations the dispatcher goes absolutely bananas. Even though there is nothing more advanced going on than AI traffic in both directions, routed via the appropriate markers, the dispatcher wont change the switches to the main line. Theswitches are sometimes simply stuck routing trains to the wrong line. Despite no trains being routed like that.

Signals: Particularly the main signals in the tunnel after Wassen in direction Gurtnellen act strange. If the player train has a route from Gurtnellen to Göschenen, AI trains in the opposite direction gets stuck at that signal. Then they go backwards towards Wassen, then forward again perpetually despite just having a straight route towards Gurtnellen. Furthermore the player train gets a Zwangsbremsung if there is an AI in that signal block, despite them not even being on the same line.

I am suspecting the two things are connected.

It also leads to the following error message leading to the game quitting: Game over, a AI train has left the path. This should never happen if trains are just soawning on the main line and routed to a portal further down the main line.

Hope these will be fixed, for scenario builders they are frustrating.

All the best Kim.

Have you tried again after the route update?

Comment

Originally posted by matteomo View Post
      Have you tried again after the route update?
      How do i check what version i have? (Is that even possible with routes bought on steam?). I’ve definately played train simulator since the update was published. I’ve had a report from a betatester of my scenarios that the update broke the scenarios at his system (causing ts to quit) but on my system they still open fine, which make me in doubt as to the update status on of the route on my system.

However i tried one of the scenarios a couple of days ago and got stuck in one of the Tunnels after Göschenen because a switch in front of the player train wasn’t set to the main line, despite the train being routed correctly. This does not happen every time. I’d say its fifty-fifty.

Was this issue looked at by the Rivet team? The update notes does not say anything about signal links etc being fixed. It was mostly graphical bugs and not gameplay related things.

Comment

An easy way to tell if you have the latest version of the Gotthardbahn product (with the updates installed) is to look at the front door of the Bt driving coach as it opens. If it opens forwards as shown on this image then you do have the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by AmScot01324_Rivet View Post
          An easy way to tell if you have the latest version of the Gotthardbahn product (with the updates installed) is to look at the front door of the Bt driving coach as it opens. If it opens forwards as shown on this image then you do have the latest version.
          Will try that. I am on vacation right now so it’ll ofcourse have to wait till i get home.

Comment

Kim_olesen Enjoy your vacation

Comment

Working...
            X