No announcement yet.

Arosa Linie: Bug & Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure this has been reported before, the I think the speedometer HUD of the GE 4/4 II can be improved. There's two things 'wrong' with the current situation.

1. The throttle indicator in the HUD doesn't match the actual throttle lever. As seen in pictures below, the HUD can show a "4" when the throttle lever is set in positions 1.5 (15km/h) or 2 (20km/h)

Click image for larger version  Name:	15kmh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	741.2 KB ID:	4556 Click image for larger version  Name:	20kmh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	753.8 KB ID:	4558

2. The speedometer doesn't display the selected cruise control speed. There's no way to tell what speed the throttle lever is set to, just by looking at the HUD. Even when you'd think that a number "6" would indicate you're set to 30km/h, the 'bug' mentioned above makes this workaround unreliable.

I'd suggest to do two things;

- A. Use the throttle indicator to display the same numbers as the throttle lever mouse-over tooltip (so, 3 when set to 30km/h, a 2.5 when set to 25km/h)
    - B. Use the same system the German trains do for AFB (so the blue bar).

In comparison, I've attached screenshots of the GE 4/4 II and the DB BR143 both set to 30km/h. Both locomotives use their throttle lever as a cruise control, so I think the HUD should also reflect this in a similar fashion. The only difference is that the BR143 actually throttles up or down notches, and thus the speedometer reflects the same number as on the dashboard of the train (in this case, "2").
    Click image for larger version  Name:	30kmh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	909.2 KB ID:	4559 Click image for larger version  Name:	br143.jpg Views:	0 Size:	912.5 KB ID:	4557

I think adjusting the HUD of the GE 4/4 II in this way makes it less frustrating and annoying to operate. I consider these 'quality of life' improvements.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
      Jasper_Rivet commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Purno, thanks for reporting! We'll have a look into the way the speedometer and the hud interact with each other.

On the other hand, I don't think that we'll add the blue bar as you're used to from other German add-ons, as the driving control wheel does only acts as a speed selector when going uphill. In comparison to the German train: The RhB speed selector does not slows the train down.

Hi, I have a problem with the livery designer on the Ge 4/4 II. The front part has a little area which decals ignore. I'll attach a picture of a square decal so you see what happens clearly. I hope this gets fixed soon! 😀

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2021-05-06 164443.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	4566

Comment

I love this line and have played many times and compared my journey to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClIdWYE9wRU
      One glaring mistake, and the reason I keep spadding at Untersax northbound is you've missed a distant signal at the start of the passing loop. Also the signal at the end of the loop is too far around the corner. In the video it is visible from the loop straight. Check it out at 45mins and you will see what I am talking about.
      Luen Castiel also has only one stop board northbound on the left of the line. I keep spadding past the one on the right as it shouldn't be there and blends in to well with the station building. It's in the video at 37 mins.
      Lovely route though and still playing it to chill out.
      Last edited by 1938Tubestock; 05-06-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
        Jasper_Rivet commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi and thanks for the feedback! I'll forward this to our devs, so they can have a look at it. And it's great to hear that you're enjoying the route!

Cheers!

Hi, I've encountered a strange problem at some stations on an uphill run. once I get the green signal and the correct departure indication I get a Spad when I go past the red/ white chequer board sign. This occurs even if I contact the signaller (whereupon I get a proceed as signals indicate). If I ask a second time I get proceed at restricted speed at which point I can pass the sign. is this working correctly? Please note that the service that I am on has the engine back to front (with the usual confusion over the HUD indications, e.g. the door open showing on the wrong side).
      I do not recall having this issue before the patch.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
        Jasper_Rivet commented
        Editing a comment
        That is strange, once you got a green signal, the shared signal signs should do that. Can you please give us a couple more details: Has this happened to you in scenarios or timetable mode? Do you have an exact service/scenario it happened on? And what system are you on? Thanks for your help!

When can we expect the Arosa Line to be patched ?
      It has been out for some time now.

Comment

I recently tried a scenario, taking some logs to St. Peter. This scenario was a hot mess, for lack of a better term. I am including a link to my YouTube where I uploaded the video of the scenario so you can see all the problems encountered. I play TSW2 on Xbox Series S.

https://youtu.be/UaG_Ooz8zLo

Thanks
      Last edited by RBrimer; 05-22-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
        AmScot01324_Rivet commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, thanks for your report. I've not seen this reported before and I have turned it over to our dev team to check out. Really appreciate you including the platform you use and the YouTube video, which will no doubt prove helpful!
    Working...
    X