Arosa Linie: Bug & Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear rivet team,
    beside some minor issues, my recommendation is to rework/adjust the water textures. While the upper lake seems ok, plessur and sapünerbach are not "deep blue" water bodies. I ll let the pics talk...

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      AmScot01324_Rivet commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I'm not sure if this is something that will be included but I have noted it for the dev team.

Hi. I am sorry to hear you are disappointed, we want everyone to enjoy a great experience. I have included your comments for the dev team to look at. I hope otherwise you are finding Arosa Linie to be enjoyable.

Comment

It is not really a bug, but a suggestion for improvement. In general, the distant mountains do not look as bad as people suggest. In winter it looks quite good generally with two exceptions (note I set the snow level at about 75% this makes trees covered with snow look much better):

1. The distant trees look far to white. If you can give them a grey colour they are less prominent and will look better.
      2. Some of the mountains near Arosa have a snow cover that really looks bad.

The screenshot shows both issues in one picture. In game it looks worse that in this screenshot for some reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210410115733_1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	4385

I also include a screen shot to show how beautiful it can be:

Name:	20210410110851_1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	4387
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the great DLC, I’ve had lots of enjoyment so far.

Main bugs for me are that the livery designer does not work on the locomotive- you cannot place the decals on the side of the train.

The whistle does not work properly especially when going down hill, it will not make any noise.

Odd signal behaviour in the scenarios- I think this is related to the core issue you already know about regarding directionality which also impacts the pantograph, lights and gradient markers.

Any chance of taillights for the back of trains too or an end-of-train marker. Looks odd without them.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
          Editing a comment
          Aside from the known problems you've noted, we are so glad to read you are enjoying Arosa Linie
          Yes, we are aware of the issues and the dev team is working hard to identify the problems and potential fixes. Thank you and please keep enjoying.

I must say I've had great fun with this route. Really appreciate the hard work your team at Rivet have put into the Arosa Line.

I did however encountered a bug where you pass a yellow signal without acknowledging the ZSI system and trigger the emergency brakes. I could not get the red light on the dash to go away not matter what I did. I tried resetting all the brakes and the throttle, aswell as turning the cab on and off. I tried waiting for a few minutes to no avail. And hitting the ZSI acknowledege button did not clear the emergency brake application in any situation.

Oh and also the people on the platforms are running around in their t-shirts in the middle of a snow storm. But I guess when you live high in the mountains like the Swiss you have to be a hardy people.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
          Editing a comment
          Me again
          I did see a post in the forums here where Jasper commented on the ZSI:

1. The deadmans safety device. This is the one you can turn on/off with the switch to your right. But if you get off the seat while driving, you'll trigger an emergency braking.

2. The ZSI. The ZSI can't be turned off - you basically need to acknowledge every yellow distant signal you get. You don't have to do anything when approaching a clear signal.

• Paulie
          Paulie commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm also experiencing this issue. If emergency brakes are triggered, it's impossible to get the loco started again. I've tried following the procedure outlined in the manual (reset loco to default settings), and additionally have also tried toggling the other train / compressor / pentagraph settings, but nothing works.

Following for the comment above, my understanding is that the dead man's switch is on the left, not right. Is that correct?

• Nightraven
          Nightraven commented
          Editing a comment
          My first experience of this bug was at the entry signal to st. Peter station going south (the one right before the platform at the juntion). And it happened on the Timber Log Delivery mission playing on PC. I played through the same scenario a few times today to see if I could reproduce the bug, and it happened again on the very same signal on my second try. I did try to make a recording of the bug but it unfortunately got corrupted (remember to clean your harddrives kids) but I might try again tomorrow. I've tried passing other yellow signals without acknowledging the alarm and I've been able to clear the emergency brake application. I do usually run with the deadmans safety device on but I was not out of the seat when this particular bug happened.
          Last edited by Nightraven; 04-13-2021, 12:33 AM.

There is a strange "reflection" effect on the window of the cab door furthest from the driver. It becomes apparent when snowing / wet.

I have attached a screenshot FYI.

Thanks guys.

Attached Files

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
          Editing a comment
          Hi, yes, thank you. Someone else has noted this and it's been turned in to the dev team.

• Paulie
          Paulie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you

I was able to record the ZSI bug today. Happened on the Timber Log Delivery mission after I've left the wagons at the platform and was driving around to change ends. Third time I've exerienced this bug and its always been on the same signal (Stopped right next to gate alarm for some extra ambiance ​). I'm playing on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXls6oLSXaA
        Last edited by Nightraven; 04-13-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
          Editing a comment
          Ahhhh, ok - this will definitely be helpful to the team! I'll pass it on, thanks so much.

It seems that the PARKING button on panel A does not function ???

Edit Jasper_Rivet: Moved the post into the Arosa support thread.
        Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 04-15-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hi J3richard ,

the blue parking button on the RhB Ge 4/4 II works just as it should - I gave it a quick test and spoke about it with one of our developers.

But let me explain: The button is some sort of reminder for the drivers. It can be helpful if you have to switch cabs often while shunting, acting as some sort of a reminder.
          The way it works is that as a driver, you can only press the button when the reverser is set to neutral. The lamp will light up in both cabs to tell you, that the locomotive is in "parking mode" (which doesn't affects the brakes at all!!). If you're putting the reverser into forward again (doesn't matter which cab), the light turns off automatically. Like I said before, it doesn't affects the brakes.

Comment

• Nightraven
            Nightraven commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Jasper, this is not how it is described in the manual. It's more described as a actual handbrake which might explain the bit of confusion.

"On the left side of the control desk is a Parking Mode button. Turn
            it On before leaving the cab as it will stabilise the train without
            having to wind the Handbrake enabling you to change ends of
            the locomitve. You can turn it Off from the other cab after you
            switch ends."

So what you are saying is that in reality this is a simple reminder button that both cabs are shutdown and ready for use.
            Last edited by Nightraven; 04-15-2021, 04:43 PM.

• Jasper_Rivet
            Jasper_Rivet commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for investigating Nightraven, this is described wrong in the manual then!

Yes, your summary is 100% correct. And the button will turn off once you set the reverser in one of the two cabs.

Hy. Despite today's update, this important problem remains:
          After having cut the traction it is necessary to wait nearly a minute for the return of the power. On the other hand, the exterior views with left and right arrows are always inverted. Are you having the same problems? Thanks and best regards. Denis France
          Last edited by DenisJura; 04-21-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DenisJura View Post
            Hy. Despite today's update, this important problem remains: sometimes you have to wait more than a minute for the power to return. On the other hand, the exterior views with left and right arrows are always inverted. Are you having the same problems? Thanks and best regards. Denis France
            I had previously posted here highlighting that the camera keys were incorrectly inverted (currently pressing the right arrow moves to the the left camera view and vice versa).

Re-posting that bug here, alongside your post, to ensure it is picked up by the guys and girls at Rivet for inclusion in the next patch.

Rivet - I'd also like to pass on my thanks for fixing the external cab cameras, so we can look 180 degrees - it will make the route much more enjoyable. Looking forward to your next round of improvements.

Thank you

Comment

Hi guys,

Please update passenger behaviour so that they embark and disembark at stations. Their static behaviour is a big immersion killer.

Cheers

Comment

Can't see mentioned anywhere about the 33kmh speed limit across Grosstobel Brucke viaduct southbound. The real life speed is 30kmh and the speedo HUD says 30kmh but the lineside sign says 33kmh. Small point and a quick fix. Just needs the sign changing.

Name:	20210424092500_1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	4529
                Last edited by 1938Tubestock; 04-24-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for this and appreciate the screenshot. I've notified our dev team.

I wonder how the Timetable was compiled, cause the times seems incorrect.

Here are the real vs Sim times.

Eksampel R1425...

Station__________Real__________Sim________Notes
                Chur_____________09.08________09.08
                Chur Altstadt____09.10_________09.12_______(09.10 not achievable in the sim - maybe due to wrong placement)
                Lüen-Castiel_____09.28________09.25
                St.Peter-Molinis__09.37________09.33
                Peist____________09.41_________09.37
                Langwies GR____09.50_________09.43
                Litzirüti_________09.58_________09.54
                Arosa___________10.09_________10.07

The real timetable can be found here: https://www.rhb.ch/fileadmin/user_up...ne2020/930.pdf

Driving the route I was perfectly able to keep the real timetable apart from the time at Chur altstadt. I wonder whether the placement of this station in the sim is wrong, distance from Chur or speed limits are wrong.

Comment

Hi Wothan Thank you for this. I know our dev team are indeed looking into the timetable issue and I've passed this on to them to reference. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X