Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arosa Linie: Bug & Support Thread

Hi folks,

please post your bugs into this thread here, makes it much easier for us to have them all in one place.

Thanks!

R1432: Arosa-Chur, horn does not work, gradient indicator is reversed, and the stop at Litzirueti is missing.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
      Jasper_Rivet commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Haf, thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, the gradient indicator is a core bug, we can't do anything about it. But Dovetail is looking into it I'm sure!

We've noted the other bugs and will have a look into them, thanks for reporting!

• Haf
      Haf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Jasper, I am noticing other descending services (Arosa to Chur) where the Litziruti platform seems to be missing. On the bridge it goes to about 415 m left to the station, then starts to go back up in numbers from 415 m again, with no platform in sight. Ascending services (Chur to Arosa) are fine. Thanks for responding and for the great work on this line! I also enjoy Isle of Wight a lot. Danke sehr.

Update: Jasper I am a complete doofus - I did not think about this being a mountain turn or "switch-back" and the distance would sometimes increase on those!
      Last edited by Haf; 04-03-2021, 11:11 AM.

While watching the preview streams, i already wondered why the (mostly experienced people) were so late, while driving almost on the limit all the time. Well i can now understand: I did a single service and the times were impossible to follow. I went on the RhB site and found the real Arosa timetable: To my surprise you even used the real train numbers and starting times. But that also is where it ends already. I looked into the times for 6 random services both ingame and in real life, seems they are unrealistic for nearly (or indeed) all services. For R1409 for example i could follow the real life timetable very well (while i only got Silver for not being able to follow your timetable). I only hope this gets fixed with an update. Also the timing of some runaround services is very strict and should be looked over again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	times.PNG Views:	1 Size:	11.6 KB ID:	3987
    Last edited by Martin; 03-26-2021, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      AmScot01324_Rivet commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, thanks for this, it could be very helpful. We are aware of reports of timetable issues and our team will be investigating to see if adjustments need to be made. Thanks again!

• Smithty03
      Smithty03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah um... its been about 3 and a half months? Know if they are working on this or not?

Not sure how to use the Red, Green, Yellow HUD functions (just below grade indictor).
    Please help as I am stuck and cannot move.

Comment

• RudolfJan
      RudolfJan commented
      Editing a comment
      There a re just indicators for pre warning signals. If it starts flashing yellow, you need to acknowledge them using the Q button (keyboard), the B-button (controller) or the in game control. It just represents the in cab control which has a similar function. I do not understand why you should be stuck at this

• Mich
      Mich commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, same problem. After yellow warning, red light lits on the little box upper the dashboard. Impossible to move again. Must quit the game

• Jasper_Rivet
      Jasper_Rivet commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Mich, as RudolfJan already explained, you need to acknowledge the flashing yellow button by pressing the standard key for "Acknowledge". It's "Q" on PC, not sure what these are on console.

Let me know if you keep having troubles with the safety system, I'm happy to help!

I'll list all the bugs I found on this route so far:

-Some AI trains run without a raised pantograph (and some without a driver inside).

-We can't paint the sides of the Ge 4/4 II locomotive on the livery designer (decals just won't appear).

-Trains derail sometimes when crossing a switch while electric braking.

-Station signals should switch to green when the boarding is complete instead of after closing the doors. (This is not a bug but something unrealistic)

-Manual wipers don't clean the glass.

Apart from this, the route is fantastic. Great work!

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for letting us know what issues you've encountered, I've noted these for the dev team to look into.

On the braking issue, you can't use dynamic brakes as they only stop the loco but not the carriages, so setting the vacuum brake higher should help.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the route!

Hi Jasper.

Please find my feedback below. I'm playing on PC.

1. Driver cab "window" camera views (left / right arrow keys when in cab) are "locked" at 90 degrees facing forwards, so the driver can't "look behind" to see the lovely loco / coaches you guys have created, or view the scenery. On a practical level, it also makes it impossible to effectively reverse (e.g. for coupling) without having to use an external camera which is a huge immersion killer.

Edit: Related issue - the camera cycle direction using the arrow keys when in cab is back-to-front. E.g. pushing the right arrow incorrectly cycles to the left side of the cab.

2. The free camera (keyboard 8) isn't working correctly in timetable mode. It currently places the camera behind the loco, instead of ahead. This requires having to manually move the camera every time to watch the loco roll into view, which is very annoying! The camera appears to be working correctly in scenario mode.

Edit: Following more testing, the free camera issue may be service specific. E.g. it happens on the 1423 morning service, but then works correctly on another service.

Thanks
    Last edited by Paulie; 03-28-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Hi, Paulie. Really appreciate you sharing these here in the community. I've added them for our dev team to check out. Hope you're still enjoying the ride!

• Paulie
      Paulie commented
      Editing a comment
      I am! Much appreciated, thank you AmScot

Hi,

please consider investigating the following issues:

1. The request stop signals don't appear randomly neither at the trackside signals nor inside the cab (unlike in TS, where they work perfectly).
    2. The red flashing lights as a part of the Swiss level crossing signals should be flashing alternately, rather than both appearing at the same time.
    3. There's no deadman (Sifa) functionality in the cab like in real life (although there's a deadman cut-out switch)
    4. The speed sign approx. 1,3 km before St. Peter-Molinis in the direction of Arose should state 30 instead of 33.
    5. The stopping position at Chur Station should be moved backwards in order to allow the whole train to stop along the covered straight platform, just like in reality.
    6. EDIT: In the "Unloaded Wagon Wonderland" scenario, when leaving the siding at St. Peter-Molinis after picking up the wagons, both indicators (for both tracks) show vertical lines.

Thank you for paying attention to this feedback to make your scenic route even more realistic.
    Last edited by Saegemann Frantisek; 03-30-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Good morning. We're looking into all the issues being reported, so thank you for relaying them here. I have made sure to include these in the report for the dev team. Thanks!

• Saegemann Frantisek
      Saegemann Frantisek commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning, thank you very much for taking care. I highly appreciate your feedback. Happy easter to you and the Rivet Games team!

I take it you will make adjustments to the timetable with the update as this ruins a big part of the gameplay.

Comment

• RudolfJan
      RudolfJan commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, the timetables are to tight , but the amount of time you run late varies from a few minutes to over 10 minutes. The problems already start with not enough time to setup the train and shunt it to the platform.

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Hi, Stephen. The timetable issue has been reported and our team will investigate the timetable timings and pay close attention to see if adjustments need to be made.

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we are definitely looking at that to see what's happened.

Hi, first of all thanks for a very nice route! I have all the RhB routes for TS 2021, so I have played the Arosa line alot there with both Ge 4/4 ii and Allegra. I'm very happy that you made it for TSW2 with the Ge 4/4 ii, much more interesting driving experience! After playing some rounds I have some possible bug reports, questions and comments:

Possible bugs:

1. Going downhill, when I reach the level streches and are a bit too slow to back off on the brakes, of course I loose speed. When activating the driving weel to 3 or 3.3, it sometimes does not "kick in" even though speed is down to below 15. Bug or real loco behaviour?

2. I have followed the discussions on derailing, and found that if I follow the instructions to use the train brake and dynamic brake together it works fine, so I thought that the derailing that people talk about is because of incorrect operation. Then, to my surprise, I got a derailing incident while standing still on Luen-Castiel station! Restarted and it happened again, several times!

Questions:

1. The brake discussion - is the normal irl operation when going downhill to use the dynamic, or to do as you describe with the train brake on all the time and trim with the dynamic? In TS2021 there is no problem to go downhill with only the dynamic, and then use the train brake for the stops. This is how I thought was the right way to do it!

2. When I (the only time) saw a Ge 4/4 ii on the Arosa line, it was running with a steering car and the loco "uphill". I suppose this would make it easier to use the dynamic brake going downhill, as the wagons will not push the loco. Since you did alot of research, do you know if steering car was always used, or if it was like in the game, only loco?

Comment:

1. Dont know if you can affect the people and passengers appearance, but it looks a bit odd with people dressed in summer clothes in snowy Arosa! And they sure are spooky...like Zombies coming after you!

2. In the Scenarios it would be nice with some coaches, wagons etc on the sidings, for example at Chur Sand and Arosa. That would make it a bit more Alive

Thanks again for your great job and a very nice route!

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Our Zombies are friendly lol
      Maybe someone here in the forum can talk with you about the derailing and braking. I have reported everything here for our dev team and we thank you for such excellent, constructive input! We are glad that even with the issues you've found, you are still finding lots to enjoy about the route. An honest review on Steam (if you can) would be much appreciated. Thank you

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Hello. Our dev team are checking all the reported issues and have asked are you still having the standing still derailing incident at Luen-Castiel station?

Hi Rivet Games, thank you very much for adding the Chur to Arosa line for TSW2, I've watched the 4k cab view route on youtube absolutely brilliant. I've played a few scenarios and timetable routes on the PS4 console and wanted to add a bug report that you may be aware of already. When playing a scenario and press right on the D-Pad the right doors open when pressing left on the D-Pad the left doors open which works as it should. Now on most Chur - Arosa timetable routes I've noticed when you press right on the D-Pad the left doors open and left the right doors open see attached screen grabs from PS4. Also I've noticed when you got to the map view the train is inverted and wondered if that is why the doors are opening the wrong side. Thanks again for this Amazing route!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Neil.R; 03-31-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm, I'm not sure why that's happening. I will get it reported to the dev team to check out!

• mob4004
      mob4004 commented
      Editing a comment
      The locos that are facing the wrong way is a known core-bug, which Dovetail Games is aware of. Each locomotive (also on other routes) has a set "normal" direction, so if the loco runs around, it is facing "the wrong way".
      To resolve this, there needs to be a core-update, which everyone is waiting for, as this also happens on other routes.

• RudolfJan
      RudolfJan commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the same issue as with the grade direction. DTG failed to create a consistent way to relate relative directional information, like forward, backward and left or right to the HUD. They really should fix it and make it consistent. It is NOR a problem for Rivet, well it should not be. It also happens at other routes, e.g. at the West Somerset Railway you will see this in a number of timetable services. For Rivet the only thing is, do not try to magically turn the loco at the end of the line. You solve the issue in one case, but is somebody continues the journey using the "freeroam" option, it smashes back into your face.

Dear Rivet Team, justed noted something which might be a bug or a feature. Going from Chur to Arosa the orientation of the loco is sometimes reversed. While (in timetable) R1409 and R1415 the loco is heading toward the direction to go, R1317 and R1429 the loco is heading towards the wagons or driving backwards. The effect is that if you start the ride, the Hud indications for going uphill/downhill and door left/right are reversed. Finally the sound of the wagons is much louder on “reversed” locos as the leading front cockpit is supplied with the sound of the trailing cockpit which is close to the wagons. I have noticed some complaints about this sound and that might be a reason why it is considered too loud. So, do I have to turn the loco around ? …and how ?

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully one of our knowledgeable community members can help you out with this one. In the meantime, I've sent your report as a suspected bug.

• mob4004
      mob4004 commented
      Editing a comment
      The locos that are facing the wrong way is a known core-bug, which Dovetail Games is aware of. Each locomotive (also on other routes) has a set "normal" direction, so if the loco runs around, it is facing "the wrong way".
      To resolve this, there needs to be a core-update, which everyone is waiting for, as this also happens on other routes.

• Jasper_Rivet
      Jasper_Rivet commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for helping out mob4004, we can confirm that this is a core bug Dovetail is looking into. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it until then.

Thanks for reply. Since i it is only "reversed" for a couple of trains, the majority is correct, i thought it is related to the setup of the timetable. So, i have to watch the number on the entry stair.

Comment

Let me add another small thing...

The speed sign approx. 0,5 km before Arosa in the direction of Arosa should state 30 instead of 35.

Thank you again.

Comment

In the scenario planner in Litzirüti all trains are led thorug platform 2. Platform 1 is not used, so you cannot use Litzirürti as a passing location. Please fix this, I think for one of the paths the wrong platform is chosen. Overall I am a bit dissappointed by the number of paths for the scenario planner. Chur Nord is not included as source or destination and also in Arosa you cannot start in the yard.

Edit by Jasper: Moved the post into the right topic.
        Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 04-08-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
          Jasper_Rivet commented
          Editing a comment
          We'll have a look into this, thanks for flagging Rudolf!

Hi - Two bugs: First, on XBOX at least, using the vacuum or regenerative brake makes it impossible to apply power using the driving wheel unless the train is brought to a complete stop. Otherwise the ammeter displays "16" regardless of the wheel setting and no power is applied. This makes it difficult to manage train speed over flat or minimally graded track between stretches of steeply graded descent. Second, sometimes it is impossible to reset the "ZS" no matter how many B button presses are applied. Thank you!

Also, at night time there are no street lights or building lights at all in Chur. Kind of spooky.
        Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 04-06-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
          Jasper_Rivet commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for posting the issues, these are now noted!
      Working...
      X