Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josephack
    replied
    I would have to agree with Paulie. As long as it is as close to real-life as you can possibly make it, keep it the same.

Leave a comment:

• Paulie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
    Hi guys!

Just a quick note from myself on this: We're aware of the derailment issue, that occurs to certain people. The main problem behind this is how you're using the brake: It should always be 90% vacuum brake and then finetune it with the dynamic brake.

Because the dynamic brake only affects the locomotive rather than the whole train (like the vacuum train brake does), this can cause derailments when the coaches are pushing into your back.

But, we're currently looking into making this more forgiving, so that players have the choice to drive the train how they would like. We'll update you on that one once we have news!

Jasper
    Hi Jasper.

An alternative perspective. If derailments are being caused by user error, please do not dumb down the braking simulation. Instead I would encourage highlighting links to the manual, so players understand how to use the brakes correctly.

I'm very much enjoying the challenge posed by the unique braking system / interplay between vacuum and dynamic brake. If this became "just use one or the other" it would greatly detract from the experience, and move away from this being an accurate "simulation".

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Jasper_Rivet
    replied
    Hi guys!

Just a quick note from myself on this: We're aware of the derailment issue, that occurs to certain people. The main problem behind this is how you're using the brake: It should always be 90% vacuum brake and then finetune it with the dynamic brake.

Because the dynamic brake only affects the locomotive rather than the whole train (like the vacuum train brake does), this can cause derailments when the coaches are pushing into your back.

But, we're currently looking into making this more forgiving, so that players have the choice to drive the train how they would like. We'll update you on that one once we have news!

Jasper

Leave a comment:

• Majickthyse
    replied
    Ah right. If I get one I'll post on this thread

Leave a comment:

• SHINO BAZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Majickthyse View Post
    If you derailed because of late braking, what random derailing problem are you referring to?

(I've driven two runs with no derails so far)
    There are quite afew posters on the tsw(dovetails games forums)bringing up derailing on the arosa line,i myself haven't experienced any random derailing yet,so i thought i ask here to see if a real issuse or not.

Leave a comment:

• Majickthyse
    replied
    If you derailed because of late braking, what random derailing problem are you referring to?

(I've driven two runs with no derails so far)
    Last edited by Majickthyse; 03-25-2021, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SHINO BAZ
    started a topic Random derailing on arosa line?

Random derailing on arosa line?

Is this random derailing on the arosa line a major problem or a minor one?I have only derailed once because on my 1st run on the arosa line my control of the brakes wasn't quick enough,other then that no derailing problems.
Working...
X