Lötschberg railway with extension to Briga- Domodossola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lötschberg railway with extension to Briga- Domodossola

The Lötschberg railway is an important Swiss railway line, which connects the Bernese Oberland to the Valais crossing the Lötschberg massif.
    The main work of the line is the Lötschberg tunnel, almost 15 km long, which forms one of the three largest Swiss railway tunnels with the Gotthard and Simplon. The Lötschberg line, together with the Simplon line of which it is the extension, represents one of the two Swiss transalpine railway connections with the Gotthard railway.
    Since 2007, much of the traffic involving the pass has been diverted through the new Lötschberg base tunnel.
    One of the things that makes this border section interesting is the passage of the so-called " autostrada viaggiante "
    the service includes special low-floor SaadKms wagons also called Ro.La from the company that provides the service and normally limited to 100Kmh on which the trucks complete with trailer or semi-trailer rise from a special ramp and one by one position themselves on each wagon to fill the train. The drivers then take their seats in a special carriage equipped with beds and food service for the duration of the trip.
    this service is rapidly expanding thanks also to the traffic limitations that the surrounding countries apply to reduce CO2 emissions, road traffic and consequently road accidents. The drivers, on their part, can rest and recover important hours of sleep, also subject to limitations on the total driving hours.
    The railway section of the Railway_of_Lötschberg provides a 74 km route from Spiez to Brig, while the extension from Brig to Domodossola is 41km for a total of about 111 km.
    In the linked video you can admire the vast freight and passenger traffic that runs along the Italian-Swiss border between Domodossola and Brig near Varzo (It)

When you refer to the Lötschberg Line, you mean the old line or the base tunnel?
    Personally I’m a bit sceptical about the second one, because maybe driving in a 35 Km long tunnel could be a bit boring for several people...
    Anyway good suggestion.

Comment

what I intend is the railway corridor described in this image. The assumption that driving in a tunnel is unattractive is a completely wrong conviction, an independent producer has realized the C.T.R.L. and is waiting for publication, and the hipe for this route is very high. Driving a train is driving a train, regardless of which railway you need to travel. It seems to me that even for the Gotthard route requests have arrived to also have the path of the tunnel that would in fact exclude all the helical part on both fronts. However the longest tunnel could even be sketched for the creation of trains AI, while the rest could return a good cross-border traffic simulation Click image for larger version

Name:	sempione tunnel and rails.png
Views:	222
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	643

Comment

Personally I agree with you with the fact of driving the tunnel: I was only quoting an aspect that often appears when talking of routes creation on the various forums.
        By the way, it surely is one of the most interesting Swiss (and Italian) routes.

Comment

Hello,
          Players are waiting for AHS's line mostly because a TMST is included aswell as the high speed line is going to Lille Europe and Ashford Intl. 20 min of tunnel in a game is the most boring thing someone could ever do : you have nothing to do, nothing to look at. If the train's sounds and functionalities are awful, it becomes even more boring.

Comment

I find it is very good Idea to build the Lötschberg Railway with the Extension from Brig to Domodossola. What is needed that is the rolling stock. For this route we do Need the Lötschberger RABe 425 the BLS Re 465 and also the BLS Re 425.

Comment

• matteomo
              matteomo commented
              Editing a comment
              And also the RABe 503 "ETR 610" that is used for the EuroCity composition, as well as the RBDe 560 "Domino", who travels between Brig and Domodossola. The consist formed by Re 460 + EW IV coaches is also used, but this already exists so it would be easier to put in the game.
              By the way, the Lötschberger train's name should be RABe 535, if I am not wrong.

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
            Hello,
            Players are waiting for AHS's line mostly because a TMST is included aswell as the high speed line is going to Lille Europe and Ashford Intl. 20 min of tunnel in a game is the most boring thing someone could ever do : you have nothing to do, nothing to look at. If the train's sounds and functionalities are awful, it becomes even more boring.
            Mr Nemo I find this comment very irrational. In the suggestion post of the CTRL route, she states that it is a good idea, while here, she states that driving in a tunnel is boring. Perhaps you should first understand what you like, your opinion changes too quickly. I reiterate my thoughts, if by simulation we intend to simulate reality, for logic every real condition must be respected, even driving in a tunnel for several minutes. The gotthardbahn itself includes long tunnels that are part of the helicoid, right?

Comment

• matteomo
              matteomo commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, but those are not long tunnels. I think we're referring to tunnels that exceed 10 minutes of driving...

Hello,
            my opinion has never change : tunnels are boring in games, it's a fact. With the Gotthardbahn, crossing a tunnel during 10 min wasn't a pleasant moment (espcially with bad sounds), but at least landscapes were beautiful.
            In the post of CTRL route, the suggestion was to recreate the high speed line from London St-Pancras, NOT only the Channel tunnel. I'm supporting this idea because it would bring the TMST which is a train I like (most people do), and because it would bring a line where a french train can run.

What's the point of recreating miles and miles of tunnel ? Spending time doing it when this time can be used to create a better line in a country where some lines are clearly missing, this is a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
              Hello,
              my opinion has never change : tunnels are boring in games, it's a fact. With the Gotthardbahn, crossing a tunnel during 10 min wasn't a pleasant moment (espcially with bad sounds), but at least landscapes were beautiful.
              In the post of CTRL route, the suggestion was to recreate the high speed line from London St-Pancras, NOT only the Channel tunnel. I'm supporting this idea because it would bring the TMST which is a train I like (most people do), and because it would bring a line where a french train can run.

What's the point of recreating miles and miles of tunnel ? Spending time doing it when this time can be used to create a better line in a country where some lines are clearly missing, this is a waste.
              Where can I found more info about this CTRL route?

Comment

Hello,
                the author has a Facebook page called "Atlantic High Speed", you will find screenshots there.

Comment

Well to get back into the tunnel it seems that the Lille Ashford route is finally about to see the light after 3 years from the end of its development, marked Just Trains. And I can almost bet that it will be a good sales hit, because it is a very popular route. The announcement of the next release made the social media round in a few minutes, and the discussions of the relative forums miraculously revived. Also I will make a little thought of it since years ago I tried to make my version

Comment

If the route is going to Visp, surely it should carry on to Zermatt ;-)

Comment

Working...
                  X