Great Western Main Line: London - Swindon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Western Main Line: London - Swindon

The Great Western Main line was bu1ilt by brunel in the 1840s. Today, it is one of the busiest and most important railways in the UK, linking with the Cornish Main Line, the Bristol - Cardiff Line, and more. This suggestion features the 69 Mile Part of the line from Paddington to Swindon with the Oxford, Marlow, and Greenford Branches.

Included locos

Class 800 IET
    Class 387
    Class 165

With Layers from GWE

Class 43

DLC
    This route has many possibilitys for DLC. I suggest:

Class 345 Aventra (London - Reading Service)
    Class 332 Heathrow Express
    Class 360 TFL Rail/Heathrow Connect
    Class 180 Adelante (or youl be going nowhere)
    InterCity Legends of the Western
    *BR Blue and IC Swallow Class 43
    *Class 101
    *Class 165 in NSE Livery
    *Class 52, 45, 47, 31 services for owners of DLOGW and NTP

ERA 2019

This route could also be available as an Extension for GWE (if rivet and DTG work something out) for a reduced price

Hi and thanks for the suggestion! At first I was looking at the London to Swinton route and was thinking wow, that's quite a bit. Then realised I made a typo and Swindon is far closer to London.

But that'd be a cool route for sure, basically creating this as an extension for Dovetails Paddington - Reading route. Would love to see the Class 800 in Train Sim World, just a cool train I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
      Hi and thanks for the suggestion! At first I was looking at the London to Swinton route and was thinking wow, that's quite a bit. Then realised I made a typo and Swindon is far closer to London.

But that'd be a cool route for sure, basically creating this as an extension for Dovetails Paddington - Reading route. Would love to see the Class 800 in Train Sim World, just a cool train I think.
      London - Swinton (Manchester) would never happen. Its just too long. It would be even better if it went to bristol, but no preasure. Id say the reduced price for an Extension to GWE would be £17.99 (i think thats what JustTrains did with their Western Main Lines on TS Classic. Standalone Cornish Main Line was more expensive than the Extension for Western Main Lines). Route Merges should be possible. A while back, a saw a Video where Somebody Merged LIRR with NEC New York. He never said how he did it though. If one man can do it, DTG can

Comment

I would buy this in a heartbeat. We need a longer section of this route and also need the extra train types you have mentioned. As for the branches, you left out a few such as...
        Southall to Brentford Waste Terminal
        West Drayton to Colnbrook Oil Terminal
        Slough to Windsor Central
        Maidenhead to Bourne End
        Twyford to Henley on Thames
        Reading to Basingstoke

Great suggestion.

Comment

An add-on for GWE would be pretty cool! I've added it to our suggestion database. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lesopc View Post
            I would buy this in a heartbeat. We need a longer section of this route and also need the extra train types you have mentioned. As for the branches, you left out a few such as...
            Southall to Brentford Waste Terminal
            West Drayton to Colnbrook Oil Terminal
            Slough to Windsor Central
            Maidenhead to Bourne End
            Twyford to Henley on Thames
            Reading to Basingstoke

Great suggestion.
            Hi. I know I left out a few. I just picked the ones I was most in to

Comment

Working...
            X