TSW 2 | Penzance-Truro and St. Ives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSW 2 | Penzance-Truro and St. Ives.

Sounds an exciting release and will be awesome if the designers get the surroundings of Penzance and St. Ives to feel realistic and accurate

I reckon the 150/2 or the 158 will be featured
    but I do feel it’s a shame that the Falmouth docks branch line won’t be featured
    Last edited by Formulabee; 04-20-2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Formulabee View Post
      I reckon the 150/2 or the 158 will be featured
      but I do feel it’s a shame that the Falmouth docks branch line won’t be featured
      The time stamp code suggest this route might be set somewhere between 1970's to 1990's so i'm guessing we might see the class 08 52 101 return,but honestly i'm praying for some new trains not desiel legends recycles.

Comment

Originally posted by SHINO BAZ View Post

The time stamp code suggest this route might be set somewhere between 1970's to 1990's so i'm guessing we might see the class 08 52 101 return,but honestly i'm praying for some new trains not desiel legends recycles.
        Same, best case scenario is late 80’s or early 90’s

Comment

Talk on the weekly streams is that the period is 1950s. This would be a shame, but is an out for accuracy. I truly hope what ever the period, proper planning is carried out by Rivets design team to make attention to detail in every aspect of the route. As it is being made for TSW2 I hope the walk around Penzance, Truro and St. Ives will be stunning as I know all three places very well including the 50s, so I will let you know my views when released. The Isle of Wight detail was very poor and not truly realistic so I hope they make a better job this time around.

Comment

I am excited about this route being put into production. With the general consensus that it will be set somewhere between 1951 and 1990, I just really hope that we get some new trains included rather than just recycling what we already have yet again. So many opportunities to choose from as follows...

Class 22 Baby Warship 1950s-1970s
            Class 41 Warship 1950s-1970s
            Class 42/43 Warship 1950s-1970s
            Class 50 Hoover 1970s-1990s
            Class 117/121 DMU 1950s-1990s
            Class 118/122 DMU 1950s-1990s
            Class 142 Pacer 1980s
            Class 143 Pacer 1980s-present
            Class 150/1 Sprinter 1980s-present
            Class 150/2 Sprinter 1980s-present
            Class 153 Sprinter 1990s-present
            Class 158 Express Sprinter 1990s-present
            Class 253/43 HST (Valenta) 1970s-1990s

There are likely a few others from this period that I missed and I know we certainly won't get them all. But at least one or two of these would greatly enhance the sim. I am also aware that the trains have yet to be finalised but please don't miss this superb opportunity Rivet.

Comment

Had it been DTG developing the DLC in-house then yes we might yet again see more recycling.

However, as this route is being developed by another party I don't necessarily see how DTG assets can be used and for it to be claimed to be a Rivet Games product when it is not entirely their own work. Admittedly if a user already owns a separate DLC that has these assets they might randomly get utilised to substitute for the primary assets and add variety.

Personally I'd like to see the Class 50 as they were used on both express and local services on the Cornish mainline. As for the St Ives branch there has been a significant volume of requests (for some time) on the Dovetail Live forum for the 'Pacer'. However if the 'Skippers' (as they were marketed by BR Western region) were used I can only pray I don't get trapped in an audio loop of wheel flange squeal! I'd fully understand as the branch is reputed for it's scenic charm that a first generation DMU was used for the purpose of providing a forward facing passenger view.

Comment

IF a first generation DMU was modelled for the St Ives branch there would be some legitimacy for custom created liveries. Plymouth based Class 118 BRCW 3-car DMU set P460 carried the "British Telecoms" overall advert livery and I believe the GWR 150 liveried DMU also saw use on the branch?!

Comment

Please Rivet Games could you please change the era to at least 2000s either Regional Railways, FGW or GWR would be splendid along with some 150 and 158. Many people are beeing dissappointed because of the era setting, please listen to the community. THANK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by John Hick View Post
                    Please Rivet Games could you please change the era to at least 2000s either Regional Railways, FGW or GWR would be splendid along with some 150 and 158. Many people are beeing dissappointed because of the era setting, please listen to the community. THANK YOU
                    This is at best a 50/50 argument. At this stage the era will likely be set in stone and therefore not changeable. We don't so far have much by way of older routes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesopc View Post

This is at best a 50/50 argument. At this stage the era will likely be set in stone and therefore not changeable. We don't so far have much by way of older routes.
                      The majority of people is wanting a more modern setting, at the moment it is about 65:35 for that, just look at the polls on the dtg forum. Or on other social media channals, everywhere it is beeing said that it should be changed... rivet.

Comment

You know way more than we do. What can you guess from the code Dovetail gives each product? Asking for a friend of course.

Originally posted by nigel6446 View Post
                        Talk on the weekly streams is that the period is 1950s. This would be a shame, but is an out for accuracy. I truly hope what ever the period, proper planning is carried out by Rivets design team to make attention to detail in every aspect of the route. As it is being made for TSW2 I hope the walk around Penzance, Truro and St. Ives will be stunning as I know all three places very well including the 50s, so I will let you know my views when released. The Isle of Wight detail was very poor and not truly realistic so I hope they make a better job this time around.
                        Where was that said? It's definitely not set in the 50s, that's for sure. But I would still love to see how you came up with this...

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post

You know way more than we do. What can you guess from the code Dovetail gives each product? Asking for a friend of course.

Where was that said? It's definitely not set in the 50s, that's for sure. But I would still love to see how you came up with this...
                        Honestly i myself don't understand dovetail games code system either but clearly there are many on the dtg forum who know things and i'm just operating on the details they share with others there.

Comment

In that case, I do hope it's set somewhere in the 80s or the late 70s. It'd be nice if we can use the HST from Great Western Express on it

Edit: According to the new roadmap update, the route will be set between 1991 and 2010. That could mean there's a high chance we'll get to see a return of the HST. I'm much more excited now
                          Last edited by Express1217; 05-04-2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Express1217 View Post
                            According to the new roadmap update, the route will be set between 1991 and 2010. That could mean there's a high chance we'll get to see a return of the HST. I'm much more excited now
                            Same, that means no 101 and I’m really excited as we may see a sprinter or pacer. If it is a pacer I hope we can have a reskin for TVL
                            Last edited by Formulabee; 05-05-2021, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X