Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IoW- Its been 6 months.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IoW- Its been 6 months.

    It has been 6 months since the release and there are still these problems...

    AI trains don't have any lights on, head, tail, saloon.

    The hills are white... all you need to do is paint them green.


    Despite this, there are things that I love about this route that I want to see in the Arosa. The big one is passengers actually get out of the train at the terminating stations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by josephack; 03-14-2021, 01:45 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by josephack View Post
    It has been 6 months since the release and there are still these problems...

    AI trains don't have any lights on, head, tail, saloon.

    The mountains are white... all you need to do is paint them green.
    Don't forget the missing trophies on PS4

    Dutch trainspotter.

    Comment


    • #3
      And don’t forget the ongoing bLame game between dovetail games and rivett, leaving many poor and innocent customers confused. Rivett games and dovetail games have let this route to rot, only blaming each other and not getting on with anything. Very stupid in my opinion. Just fix the bugs

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Formulabee View Post
        And don’t forget the ongoing bLame game between dovetail games and rivett, leaving many poor and innocent customers confused. Rivett games and dovetail games have let this route to rot, only blaming each other and not getting on with anything. Very stupid in my opinion. Just fix the bugs
        Makes you wonder if Rivet will care about the Arosa Line. Is it going to end up like this one...? Will we get fixes for the route or will they move on to the next DLC and forget about the ones they have already made.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by josephack View Post

          Makes you wonder if Rivet will care about the Arosa Line. Is it going to end up like this one...? Will we get fixes for the route or will they move on to the next DLC and forget about the ones they have already made.
          Yes, that is a very concerning thought. Especially as Rivett ALWAYS decides to overprice their dlc and just say how much effort they have put in, when in fact they copy some stuff from ts and use some of dtg’s assets here and there- 8.5 miles of track with one train and it’s £20.00, rivets excuse- “we went for the cheaper price” and for the arosa line: one loco, some coach variants and some wood to haul, 16 miles of track, for 24.99. Their excuse: we made lots of things from scratch and lots of effort put in- be t guess what- they confirmed to dovetail games in an interview that they worked with Thompson interactive to cpu some assets over.
          this is such such A shame because many players are holding back from getting rivett’s dlc all because of the price.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Formulabee View Post

            Yes, that is a very concerning thought. Especially as Rivett ALWAYS decides to overprice their dlc and just say how much effort they have put in, when in fact they copy some stuff from ts and use some of dtg’s assets here and there- 8.5 miles of track with one train and it’s £20.00, rivets excuse- “we went for the cheaper price” and for the arosa line: one loco, some coach variants and some wood to haul, 16 miles of track, for 24.99. Their excuse: we made lots of things from scratch and lots of effort put in- be t guess what- they confirmed to dovetail games in an interview that they worked with Thompson interactive to cpu some assets over.
            this is such such A shame because many players are holding back from getting rivett’s dlc all because of the price.
            Nuts and crumbs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't forget the fact that the class 483 livery editors use is also racking up monthes of not being fixed itself

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Formulabee View Post

                Yes, that is a very concerning thought. Especially as Rivett ALWAYS decides to overprice their dlc and just say how much effort they have put in, when in fact they copy some stuff from ts and use some of dtg’s assets here and there- 8.5 miles of track with one train and it’s £20.00, rivets excuse- “we went for the cheaper price” and for the arosa line: one loco, some coach variants and some wood to haul, 16 miles of track, for 24.99. Their excuse: we made lots of things from scratch and lots of effort put in- be t guess what- they confirmed to dovetail games in an interview that they worked with Thompson interactive to cpu some assets over.
                this is such such A shame because many players are holding back from getting rivett’s dlc all because of the price.
                Thanks for your feedback! Believe it or not, we actually see and talk about that kind of feedback.
                But on the other hands, we have bills to pay - and therefore need to charge money for our products. It's absolutely ok for you to think that we overprice our routes - in that case, just don't buy it. The work that needs to be done in Train Sim World is a lot more compared to Train Simulator, just saying. Oh, and have you ever noticed that the Arosa Linie was more expensive in Train Simulator....?

                And yes, we "reused" assets from Thomson Interactives Arosa Linie. But copying over isn't nowhere near to close to what we've done to them - as a example, we updated the geometry, added more details and did a complete retexturing for all of them.

                Just one thing: Interesting conclusion at the end - where did you get that information from? We're really interested...


                Originally posted by SHINO BAZ View Post
                Don't forget the fact that the class 483 livery editors use is also racking up monthes of not being fixed itself
                We are sorry for that, the update is finished on our end and we're hoping that it'll go live alongside the next Arosa update. Thanks for the patience!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Formulabee View Post
                  And don’t forget the ongoing bLame game between dovetail games and rivett, leaving many poor and innocent customers confused. Rivett games and dovetail games have let this route to rot, only blaming each other and not getting on with anything. Very stupid in my opinion. Just fix the bugs

                  After a couple of month of TSW2, i think there are various problems, which will remain until a change in philosophy. I bought TSW when it was released. It was that bad that i quit playing after a few hours. I bought TSW2 just to give a chance and it was positive surprise. Based on the level of expectation. It does not take too long to determine all the bugs, shortcomings and problems. Don’t forget another group of poor and innocent people: the designers. They do a great job, however they have to deliver, regardless if the product is finished or not, because “bills have to be paid”. If I would be a designer for, let’s say Arosa line, I would not be satisfied with the final product. The reason is that I would like to see my product as state of the art in terms of graphics, texturing and functionality. While I don’t have problems with various so called bugs, I am missing the “eye-candy” things. I refer to a game where the city of Los Angeles is sympathized with, where walkways, streets, vegetation, house facades look like the real thing. Even in parts of the scenery, which are not relevant for the gameplay. In TSW2 texture artwork is relatively plain and with no weathering. This is something what designers are aware of, but either hardware demand or the economic pressure limits them. The point: Quantity. Almost everybody I know, has a copy of the referenced game, and only a few has TSW. From my time with flight simulation, I have tweaked flight dynamics, sounds, textures, repaints, weather,… because I was able to do so. What can I do in TSW. This is a philosophy or an economic consideration. Last, but not least, there is a monopoly situation. I see a great potential in TSW2, however if revenue is ok, why to change something?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X