We want to know what you like!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We want to know what you like!

Hey folks, as we're constantly trying to improve, we need your opinion on scenarios. Help us by answering these questions!

Tell us about the scenarios you like to play:
    - How long do they take?
    - Freight or passenger services?
    - Easy A to B or some shunting action included?
    - Anything else?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 06-04-2020, 09:56 AM.

- How long do they take?
    60-90min

Passenger services

A mix would be good

- Anything else?
    Gotthard bahn extension

Comment

- How long do they take?
      40 - 90 Min

Mostly passenger

A bit of both, but at least 2 with only A-B runs

- Anything else?
      Some scenarios with "exceptional circumstances" are always nice. For example a tree on the track which causes delays or a broken down train, something like that

Comment

- How long do they take?
        40-60min

I prefer passenger services

From A to B with traffic / waiting / precedence

- Anything else?
        An Italian route would be great

Comment

- How long do they take?
          60 - 90 min

I definitely prefer passenger services.

From A to B, following the real timetable.

- Anything else?
          Outside the RhB network, I prefer double track routes with different kinds of services (IC, RE, S-Bahn etc.). This allows more variety when creating scenarios. It can also be ideal if players already own some of the other Swiss DLC.

Comment

Bonjour ,
            - Combien de temps prennent-ils?
            40-60min

- Services de fret ou de passagers?
            Je préfère le fret

- Easy A to B ou une action de manœuvre incluse?
            De A à B avec trafic / + manoeuvre

- Autre chose?
            construit beaucoup de scénario fret avec manoeuvre , la plupart du temps sur des lignes à double voie

A+

Comment

Re -
              Excuse: forgot to translate!

Comment

- How long do they take?
                60-180 min

passenger

some shunting action included

- Anything else?
                real timetable with all stations, (for example, RE 10 on Gotthardbahn, whith why not an extension to milano)
                a new routes from geneva to bellegarde or geneva fribourg/freiboug with possible extantion to bern with the IC 1 with the IC 2000 or Ic 2020. Lausanne/sion- brig can be fun, we begin in a plain and we finish in a valley.

I know my English is extremely bad but i try to write with my best English.

Comment

- How long do they take?
                  30-120 min

Passenger services

A to B with real world matching time tables

- Anything else?
                  RABDe 500 ICN (missing masterpiece and usable for both existing and future routes)

Comment

Thanks for asking for input on scenario's
                    I can really answer it in two actually, personal preference and for a larger community that watches my streams (or other streamers as it seems most of them have the same idea).

Personal input
                    - How long do they take?
                    Anywhere between a quick 10m shunting job to about 2 hours. A happy medium is about 45m to 60m for a scenario length.

I don't mind either, Freight is something that is mostly overlooked as it is mostly from A to B but once it includes creating a consist and then moving it is getting more interesting then just drive from A to B.
                    As a freight service generally doesn't stop unless it is either running late or a passenger service is running late they get priority.

I mostly drive passenger services as the amount of available content is more leaning that way, it features more then just A to B but also driving but generally you have more options as a stopping service or express and InterCity services.

I personally like more of a challenge, as said in the previous point, when it includes more then just 'drive from A to B via here/here/here (go via markers)' for freight it gets more interesting.

- Anything else?
                    The included scenario's with routes and loco's are good to drive but sometimes it lacks a bit of AI variety. I do know most is limited to the what comes with the route and if it is a loco pack, it is a bit less limited as you have 2/3 trains to play with.
                    Sometimes it feels I am the only train in a scenario as I don't see other AI except the beginning or the end. Make use of the available stock and add more AI that greets you along the way.

A perfect day on the railway is when every signal is green and no delay's, but maybe a blocking AI in front of the player sometimes to create adverse signalling or a challenge to grind to a halt while still keeping to the timetable.

Streamviewers input
                    - How long do they take?
                    Anything between 20 to 90m, but mostly a happy medium of 60m.
                    I find that scenario's in that timeframe do pretty well among viewers, keeps things interesting while not overdoing a scenario or dragging it on.
                    There are occasions that 90/100m is a good one as the scenario maker didn't make it shorter :P

But the overal lengt all depends on the amount of AI traffic or if it is a 'special' scenario with trackwork in them (one track is blocked off) or a special scenario because of a real world event or just because the route is calling out for entire runs as it seems more logical to do

Passenger services and some shunting are what most viewers like, as they think about railways, they think about passenger trains not freight so much.
                    For freight they like to see a shunting puzzle (either via step by step or a 'marshall' instruction in TS, where it is: "Get these wagons and get them here" with it requires moving other cars out of the way and such.

Passenger runs mostly from A to B with stops or if it lends from a yard bringing a train into service and driving the service in 1 scenario.
                    Shunting puzzles are also a change from the normal scenario's.
                    Direct running from A to B with stopping find viewers less interesting unless enough AI or stuff to see

- Anything else?
                    As per my personal view, more to see and more to do makes it more interesting to view even if the services are not to the actual timetable.
                    Twitch Streamer of Simulation Games
                    Find me on Twitch /robjansen, Twitter: @robjansennl , Instagram: @robjansen1988 Steam: /robjansen and YouTube: /robjansen

More information about myself on my website https://www.robjansen.info

Comment

Tell us about the scenarios you like to play:
                      - How long do they take?

Generally from half an hour up to 2 hours full immersion

I really like goods, the freight train often has to stop to give precedence to faster trains, this means deviate towards stopovers and secondary tracks, free the line and then resume, the freight wagons are many varieties and to carry all that weight there he wants power. However, I do like some passenger services anyway

Shunting operations are always welcome, even if in real railways this operation is very small today, I personally like, backing up, maneuvering and hanging up, all very fun and never monotonous

-Anything else

more AI traffic, the primary lines are very busy, it is not possible to cross 3 trains in one hour of scenery. A well-made scenario also has 10/12 AI trains, station announcements and messages in the cabin by the movement director.

Comment

* How long? Not important as long as they're interesting.
                        * Freight or Passenger? Definitely freight -- I just can't get the hang of passenger driving and am not willing to try anymore.
                        * Easy A to B or some shunting action included? All shunting all of the time would keep me happy and purchasing.
                        * Anything else? AI traffic very desirable, particularly if another shunter is working in the same yard.

Thanks for asking!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X