Announcing: Bernina Line: Poschiavo to Tirano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing: Bernina Line: Poschiavo to Tirano

Hot on the heels of their picturesque Surselva Line, Rivet Games will soon be bringing their next route to Train Simulator, the scenic section of the Bernina Line down to Tirano!

In September 2018, Thomson Interactive released their stunning Bernina Pass, which wound its way through scenic Alpine landscapes, reaching over peaks and racing down valleys, and soon, with the expanded efforts that Rivet Games has to offer, they’ll be bringing to you the final 20km from Poschiavo to Tirano, Italy.

In 1904, the revolutionary Albula Line opened to traffic, stretching to the spa resort of St. Moritz and ensuring the continuation of railway connections in eastern Switzerland. It would only be open for about a year before discussions for another railway were taking place; a line that heads due south through the Bernina Valley, climbing to 2,253 m (7,392 ft) before beginning the descent towards the Swiss-Italian border.
    The new route would be the most challenging yet, having to climb and fall within a set distance meant many breath-taking hairpin turns and some of the steepest gradients ever attempted by conventional rail were set to feature. The line opened in stages between 1908 and 1910 as an electric, single track railway, connecting Italy with Swiss railway network.

For the first few decades of its life, the Bernina Railway struggled to pay for itself after a costly construction, even tinkering on the bankruptcy line for some time. The line was rescued in 1943 following a takeover by the Rhaetian Railway (RhB), who upgraded the line quite substantially, including the re-model of the top of the pass, which was originally constructed for scenic purposes but was in avalanche danger zones.
    Since then, the line has established itself as a major tourist route for those who seek stunning views and Alpine resorts, and has become home to the “Bernina Express” (BEX) which connects Chur, Davos and St. Moritz to the Pass, complete with bespoke panoramic coaches to provide the best possible views.

And soon, thanks to the hard-working efforts of Rivet Games, you’ll be able to take the famed Bernina Express to its Italian terminus, all while traversing the iconic Brusio spiral viaduct and running through the streets of Tirano.
    Watch this space for when Bernina Line: Poschiavo to Tirano makes its way into Train Simulator!

Note, the Bernina Line: Poschiavo to Tirano route will be a standalone route that doesn’t require Thomson’s original Bernina Pass.

Pre-orders now taken in the Rivet store at www.rivet-games.com, although please note that the release date is still to be confirmed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BerninaLine_02.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	723Click image for larger version

Name:	BerninaLine_03.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	722Click image for larger version

Name:	Bernina_Line_Route_Map.jpg
Views:	1026
Size:	607.6 KB
ID:	721

Great news to finally reach Tirano. It will be a pleasure to cross the Brusio viaduct! It is a pain to know that it will be a line apart from the first section of Bernina, but surely with the good work of Rivet Games! And let's trust the union of the two sections in the Steam workshop as happened with the Albula and the Bernina lines. Thanks for everything!
    Last edited by Ircolog; 11-12-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

These news are the hammer when the track with the Bernina Pass and the Albula track is united, then only the section Chur Thusis would be missing to complete for Bernina Express. I'm really looking forward to this section.
      Last edited by RhBFan94; 11-20-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Great news, I was looking forward to see this one in the game (especially because I love the arrival at Tirano) ! I just hope the rolling stock will finally get some updates, it become boring to see Kuju-like trains.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Yes, the plan is to link the routes through a Workshop - that just can't be started until the new route is 100% complete. And we hear you on rolling stock - stay tuned

Comment

The only other traction appropriate for the Bernina line that isn't available yet is the Gem4/4 electro-diesel (of which RhB only has 2 of) and some one-off shunting tractors or snowplows. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see them in TS, but the options there are limited.

Going off of one of the latest dev diaries, we can expect soon new coaches. There's also a hint that we may see the Ge 6/6 II, but that only runs on the RhB core network (Albula line & Surselva line in TS).

Comment

Another rolling stock option for bernina could be historic rolling stock.

Comment

This wagon would be very interesting for the Bernina Route:
                Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: M1020929.jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 450,1 KB ID: 748
                Kind regards
                Bobby

Comment

• matteomo
                  matteomo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  These coaches are already in development. See the Rivet Games YouTube channel!

Une excellente nouvelle et quel cadeau de Noël Espérons, sans y croire, que pour cette ligne nous aurons enfin les panneaux hectométriques (et pas seulement kilométriques) et les panneaux de pente et de rampe afin de pouvoir conduire sans HUD... Et quels nouveaux matériels roulants ?
                trainplayer59: Allegra from a RhB fan

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	bernina-express-rhb6.jpg Views:	110 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	757 in summer, these wagens come on the Bernina line and Arosa line for use

I hope that the striking railroad crosing warning sound will be built-in on the Italian side of the track

https://youtu.be/Oh2N4NVoP-4
                  Last edited by RhBFan94; 11-20-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Great to hear about the new route Will you update to Allegra with destinations such as R Pontresina - St. Moritz, IR Moritz - Chur, RE Chur - Disentis etc.

Comment

Hi all,

We've had confirmation that the release date of Bernina Line: Poschiavo to Tirano is this Thursday (28th November)

And here's four new screenshots we're able to share as well, in order they are:
                      - Approaching Le Prese Station
                      - Passing Lago di Poschiavo
                      - Tirano
                      - Approaching Miralago Station

C.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Approaching Le Prese Station.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	772Click image for larger version

Name:	Passing Lago di Poschiavo.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	771Click image for larger version

Name:	Tirano.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	773Click image for larger version

Name:	Approaching Miralago Station.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	774

Comment

Very good news. I'm really looking forward to the track. the pictures look 1a. go on with such beautiful routes. you are my favorite developer for Train Simulator. I'm already on your next track from Switzerland spanned

Comment

Really beautiful photos! I'm looking forward to Thursday to enjoy the line. And above all to enjoy the Bernina pass in full! Thanks for the great job!

Comment

Aw, many thanks RhBFan94 and Ircolog. In case you're interested, we've just uploaded a new devblog video about signalling this route that you can watch at https://youtu.be/H-SP-pdMPvY. For anyone struggling with the Scottish accent, the subtitles are just machine-translated, but will hopefully still help

C.

Comment

Working...
                            X