This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing: Stunning Surselva!

Following the fantastic player reaction to the Gotthardbahn Alpine Classic route, Rivet Games shall soon be launching their next foray into Swiss rails: the Surselva Line

Also known as the Oberländerlinie (Highland Line), the 50km railway from Reichenau-Tamins to Disentis/Mustér traverses the challenging and eye-catching Rhine Gorge. Built in the early 1900s, this iconic metre-gauge line today acts as a key corridor for both regional, express and freight services, and it’s coming soon to Train Simulator in all its beauty!

After being proposed in 1890, the railway via the Rhine Gorge was built in sections, with the first opening in 1903. Its construction time was delayed by many factors, including the higher priority construction of the Albula Line around the same time, as well as the difficult, brittle and flood-prone terrain. Many of the local materials were not suitable to build the line, with lots having to be imported from other, distant quarries.

When finally finished, the Surselva Line boasted a 1.6% grade, plenty of bespoke infrastructure, and fantastic views. It could not only serve as a tourism line, with unmatched access to the mountainous terrain, but also allowed for Anterior Rhine industries to flourish along the route.

The Surselva Line runs roughly east to west, branching off from the line towards Thusis at Reichenau-Tamins, before entering into something of a dance with the Rhine and Ruinaulta gorges, crossing the terrain by means of viaducts, tunnels and sweeping curves.

Serving a total of 13 stations, there’s plenty of passenger operations on the Surselva Line, as well as local freight traffic, and you can soon explore it all as Rivet Games have been working hard to bring this picturesque line to Train Simulator!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Surselva_ Hinterrhein bridges in Tamins.jpg
Views:	992
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	545Click image for larger version

Name:	Surselva_Versam-Safien Station.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	546Click image for larger version

Name:	surselva-map.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	547

It will be great to be back into the Grisons landscape!
    Can’t wait for it!

Comment

Hi together

I'm looking forward for the new Route Surselva. I think it will be great!
      To drive the train through this landscape.
      But I have one question: Why will this route not build till Chur Hauptbahnhof? It would be great to drive the whole length of this part of the RhB.

Comment

Originally posted by swissrailfan View Post
        Hi together

I'm looking forward for the new Route Surselva. I think it will be great!
        To drive the train through this landscape.
        But I have one question: Why will this route not build till Chur Hauptbahnhof? It would be great to drive the whole length of this part of the RhB.
        same here but I suspect the task of creating a dual gauge believably with AI Was way over the heads of the developer. i mean i have no idea how you would do the signals to make them work with both track splines for NG and STG trains

Comment

at least it is only a short path to go (create?) from Thusis to Reichenau-Tamins. Hopefully we will eventually see the "real" Albula Line from Chur to St. Moritz and the "real" Surselva Line from Chur to Disentis-Muster. But anyway, the Rivet Games' announcement above is great news.
          Last edited by VeroBeach; 10-09-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

veri nice now only the Ge 6/6 II is missing

Comment

Really really looking forward to this I must say and quality will be guaranteed I'm sure, one question through by the pictures I can see brand new Wagons but the locomotive already in the game from previous Thomson Interactive packs are we going to have a different type of traction for this route beside this?

Comment

Hello
                I'm very pleased about the Surselva LIne. The pictures lokks very beautiful.
                But I have a question about the rolling stock. Will there be a controll car like this in the package.

Kind regards,
                Bobby

Comment

Bobby This would be a nice idea, only control cars run in regular operation not Disentis direction. So I do not think there will be a drive car with this addon.

Comment

Any chance we will see a diesel shunter with the route? I know the RhB uses a lot of different variants, but I think it would be cool to see at least one. The most suitable choice would probably be the Tm 2/2 series no 111-120.

According to German wikipeida those operate in at least 4 stations (that will be) in the game: St Moritz, Pontresina, Thusis, and now Reichenau-Tamins

Comment

Routes in these parts are always interesting to see and do as it gives (in combination with other routes from other parts of the world) a different view of what can be done.

Also glad to see part of the Glacier Express being made.
                      I don't know the route that good, but I think the parts where the cockwheels are used is not in this part of the route (maybe in TS it isn't even possible to make).

One thing that was a bit of a miss is the connecting to at least Thusis or Chur, in that way the Albula Line & Bernina Pass, Arosa Line routes could be connected to this new one and bit by bit the RhB Network is one large part.
                      Twitch Streamer of Simulation Games
                      During the weekends you can find me at my own Twitch Page, playing some Simulation Games, including Train Simulator, Train Sim World and more.

More information about myself on my website.

Comment

I would love to see either this route or the Albula line run to Chur, but I can see that presenting too many technical hurdles due to the extensive use of dual gauge track between Reichenau-Tamins and Chur. I don't think TS1 could really adequately handle dual gauge, and without that it would probably have to be a very unfaithful recreation of that portion of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawgKS View Post
                          I would love to see either this route or the Albula line run to Chur, but I can see that presenting too many technical hurdles due to the extensive use of dual gauge track between Reichenau-Tamins and Chur. I don't think TS1 could really adequately handle dual gauge, and without that it would probably have to be a very unfaithful recreation of that portion of the line.

You’re probably right on this point. I don’t know if it’s the unique reason why the route ends in Reichenau-Tamins, but surely this peculiarity of the section towards Chur can’t be represented with fidelity, as TS has some software limitations. There’s probably also a reason of additional AI consists that would have been made. Maybe in the future with TSW this will be possible to do...

Comment

Hello, I can not wait for the Surselva Line to be finished. And I would like to have this rolling stock with this road.

The RHB Alvra

And here is a link to a YouTube video from RHB Alvra.

https://youtu.be/ZV4SI3LKwB0

Comment

Originally posted by Amin21.11 View Post
                              Hello, I can not wait for the Surselva Line to be finished. And I would like to have this rolling stock with this road.

The RHB Alvra

And here is a link to a YouTube video from RHB Alvra.

https://youtu.be/ZV4SI3LKwB0
                              I would like it too.
                              Kind regards
                              Bobby

Comment

Working...
                              X