Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | London Underground 1938 Tube Stock | OUT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My views on the train:

. Excellent 3d modelling and the train looks the part,
    . I like the charter run scenario

. Sounds were terrible, were bare and has a lack of character, for goodness sake Rivet, why can’t you go and record the sounds or get some 3rd party to do it for you.
    . lack of running sounds
    . doors did not sound clunky enough
    . Pis needs sorting
    . terrible timetable that is just not right
    . I like the charter run scenario
    . cab lighting is way too bright

My views on the stream:

. stream was awkward
    . made you as a company, Rivet, look really unprofessional
    Last edited by Formulabee; 10-12-2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Formulabee ,

thanks for the feedback, more than happy to receive it. I'll forward it to our developers for them to review it. But please note that what you saw was possibly the release version. We'll update you on planned updates soon.

What I don't like is the critism on Matt - because most of your criticism is kinda subjective. I think he did a great job showing off the work that we've put into this train for the Bakerloo Line. And let's not forget: He's working for us as a 3D artist, not as a streamer.

Cheers. 😊

Comment

• Wolfovizer
        Wolfovizer commented
        Editing a comment
        I enjoyed the stream and don't understand why there is so much criticism of Matt, I thought he did a really good job and answered the questions asked as best as he could. Obviously being a developer not a community manager will have made a big difference and I would be happy if Matt was ever on stream again

Sorry Jasper I have a similar view. It’s feedback, I understand you need to look after your team but you’re trying to sell us a product and inspire us to buy your work and efforts. I found the stream awkward to watch and I felt Sam and Matt has to prompt a lot for some answers. It was obvious Matt and Sam were questioning but didnt feel right to push back on as he is visual as you said.

With that in mind as constructive feedback I don’t know why you didn’t place a dev into the stream or at least not throw your Matt under the bus knowing how much the sim players push for answers and authenticity.

I’ve played train sim for years and really want to indulge in my first dlc with you (Penzance) but it does concern me seeing feedback after reading posts here and on Dtg.

As a point of interest and respectfully

Admin staff don’t show you round a house when you’re buying
      Mechanics don’t show and sell you a car
      Bus driver doesn’t five you info to buy a holiday…..

Comment

Originally posted by Chieflongshin View Post
        Sorry Jasper I have a similar view. It’s feedback, I understand you need to look after your team but you’re trying to sell us a product and inspire us to buy your work and efforts. I found the stream awkward to watch and I felt Sam and Matt has to prompt a lot for some answers. It was obvious Matt and Sam were questioning but didnt feel right to push back on as he is visual as you said.

With that in mind as constructive feedback I don’t know why you didn’t place a dev into the stream or at least not throw your Matt under the bus knowing how much the sim players push for answers and authenticity.

I’ve played train sim for years and really want to indulge in my first dlc with you (Penzance) but it does concern me seeing feedback after reading posts here and on Dtg.

As a point of interest and respectfully

Admin staff don’t show you round a house when you’re buying
        Mechanics don’t show and sell you a car
        Bus driver doesn’t five you info to buy a holiday…..
        I agree with you totally. I’m sure Matt is great at his job (clear from the quality of the visual side of the train) but he was clearly the wrong person to do the stream. Not Matt’s fault but as you say, if they want to sell the product to us, someone who has more technical information who can answer the questions would have been more appropriate. This was probably even more apparent after DTG’s use of Joe in the London Commuter stream the previous week,

Comment

I will for sure buy the 38 stock, looks amazing . Remember DTG has a very steep learning courve behind until it got up to standard as we see and expect now. As far feedback is constructive rivet can use this as chance to improve them. I personally saw many posts against matt, which is in no way constructive.
          My only point here is, he does a top job as vehicle artist, and since many customers decide for a buy in their first preview the "guy making the stream" has to nail it in any terms.

As well im really excited about the class 150, and im just glad we have a 3rd party dev making content for tsw 2. Keep up your work rivet!

Comment

Having seen last weeks stream and a further video today showing the tutorial, I feel let down by this. Generally the train looks great apart from the shade of green inside, which should have been easy to get right as there is plenty of reference, including an actual model in the LT Museum. There are some minor niggles such as inclusion of the first aid kit, the lack of guard rail and the fact that every carriage is non smoking (which may be relevant as it uses the present day Bakerloo route) but I can live with that.

However, it does not sound anything like the actual train did. I’m not generally a stickler for absolute accuracy of sound. In most cases, I wouldn’t know the difference. However, I can see the point of those who are. To me, this train is pure nostalgia, having travelled on it many times in my youth and played on a railway bridge over the (then) Bakerloo near Queensbury watching the trains go by.

Sadly, watching the videos, the nostalgia is totally lacking and this just turns into another generic loco DLC. I was really looking forward to this one and it would have been the first loco, outside of a route, that I would have bought. Now, I’m not so sure.

I hope this has been constructive and balanced. It’s not just another Rivet bashing post. The train has its good points, especially visually but unfortunately, in its current state, I’m out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TSW2_1938_Tube_Stock_Social_Assets_InGame_Loading_Screen_1920x1080 (2).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	5525

Finally, the London Underground 1938 Heritage Tube Stock launched yesterday! Now it's your turn to relieve the good old times with this beauty and master the 1938 Stock timetable for Bakerloo!

Find the 1938 Stock here on your shop/platform:

🖥️ Steam - https://bit.ly/TSW2-1938-Stock-Steam
              🖥️ Epic Games Store - https://bit.ly/TSW2-1938-Stock-Epic
              🎮 Xbox - https://bit.ly/TSW2-1938-Stock-Xbox
              🎮 PS4/5 EU - https://bit.ly/TSW2-1938-Stock-PS-US
              🎮 PS4/5 US - https://bit.ly/TSW2-1938-Stock-PS-EU

We won't sell this DLC on our webshop - just in case you're wondering. If you bought this train, we would be very happy if you could leave a review on Steam (or any other platform). Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X