Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives | OUT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave From Cornwall
    commented on 's reply
    I look forward to hearing from the devs

• Jasper_Rivet
    replied
    Dave From Cornwall Interesting thought, that would have been cool, agreed! I'll see if I can get a reason from our devs, don't think that it'll be changed though (since this would require a lot of testing to make sure we haven't broke anything else).

I'm glad that you aren't missing some platforms, I was a bit irritated by that comment - although I was relatively sure that we didn't missed something train-related in Penzance. πŸ₯²

Thanks for sharing these photos - have to say that St. Ives looks way better at sunny weather. But maybe, we'll get some sunshine photos from you the next time you're heading down there...? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

Cheers,
    Jasper

Leave a comment:

• Dave From Cornwall
    replied
    Talking of paths matteomo and Jasper_Rivet is there a reason why the first and last train of the day for the 150/2 for St Ives doesn't start and finish in Penzance? (Xbox)

I took the train to St Ives yesterday and the first train of the day comes up the mainline from Penzance/Longrock before crossing over into the branch. (first photo )
    Would have thought that would be two more journeys that would have been interesting for us?

As for missing platforms...not sure there are any missing in PZ...missing town yes, but the platforms are all there especially for 199x

Just a couple of photos, one of the St ives train on platform 2 on its way up from PZ and then a picture of St Ives from the train

D
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jasper_Rivet
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing to add to @matteomo's comment, but I would like to know what platforms you're missing in Penzance? Can you describe it more detailed please?

• matteomo
    replied
    Hi fazelazar07, thanks a lot for your detailed report. Some of those problems were already known, but anyway your spots have all been noted down now.

Leave a comment:

• fazelazar07
    replied
    Heyo,

I have a few points of feedback for you all to digest

1. The Class 150/2 sounds and feels wildly inaccurate from reality, I travel on them all the time so if you need any help with patching the sounds then please give me a buzz, I am happy to help you, as for the physics, its the acceleration that bugs me.
    2. The power and break handles are too clicky and could do with the sound toning down a few %
    3. A small nitpick from me is that the Local/ Gaurds door switches do not work at all (these can also be found (yet fully operable in the class 313 and 314 respective) these would be nice to use and you have added similar functions in the 1938/483, if these can be added in a patch this would be a lovely touch to see.
    4. Some control binds are missing such as B (Keyboard) for the gaurds buzzer, little things like this can make or break the product for a lot of people.
    5. The Bodyside Indicator Lights, MY GOD, they are some low texture images right there, they have no resemblance to a bulb at all and luck like crumpled pieces of paper, this makes me want to vomit when I see it.
    6. The AWS triggers when it shouldnt and vice-versa
    Scenario Planner feedback -
    There are missing paths such as from St. Ives to St. Erth 3, you cant go this way, only the other.
    Lots of Platforms are missing in Penzance, as too are most sidings and yards, these would be nice to see and I hope can be added in a patch ASAP.

In conclusion, I would like to see a patch addressing some of these issues, particularly 1, 3, 5 and 6 as these are small, yet big features for lots of players and I am happy to help if needed, I am looking forward to your response to the issues I highlighted, the fixes if possible and future rivet products.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Dave From Cornwall
    replied
    Originally posted by ColinM_Rivet View Post
    Hi Dave From Cornwall, glad you're having fun with the 150! We're looking into the doors problem, thanks for checking we were aware of it.

We do survey all routes and locos before starting development (there's devblogs up at https://www.youtube.com/rivetgames covering some of this), but unfortunately we can't always get everything perfect - sometimes it's a matter of prioritising both the time the team has available for each route, and the performance, as even if we had the time to add in all the detail we ideally wanted, it wouldn't run very well for many people. Plus sometimes of course we just get things wrong, in which case we'll try to fix them.

I don't personally know which your points fall under, but we're collating everything that's reported and the devs will go through it all, so thanks for flagging them.

Best Wishes.
    Many thanks ColinM_Rivet for taking the time to reply.

I just thought the few iconic Cornish landscape items that are along the line, would have made the cut.

I appreciate it ultimately art. Give flavour, and I am impressed at what you have done right, there are so many things that are brilliant.

But I do feel that the trees are doing a lot of work to hide the view. I did note that I saw a full sized goal posts in the back garden of one the houses...interesting inclusion. You have a football pitch where there is actually a running track, I get what you have done.

As I have said above, you are missing South Crofty mine from the north side of Pool, and covered areas of gorse in trees.

I still think you missed trick by not including the Falmouth line- as you do have the 150/2 on platform 1 for Truro to do it. That would have truly kept it West Cornwall Local.

Thanks for reading

Dave

Leave a comment:

• ColinM_Rivet
    replied
    Hi Dave From Cornwall, glad you're having fun with the 150! We're looking into the doors problem, thanks for checking we were aware of it.

We do survey all routes and locos before starting development (there's devblogs up at https://www.youtube.com/rivetgames covering some of this), but unfortunately we can't always get everything perfect - sometimes it's a matter of prioritising both the time the team has available for each route, and the performance, as even if we had the time to add in all the detail we ideally wanted, it wouldn't run very well for many people. Plus sometimes of course we just get things wrong, in which case we'll try to fix them.

I don't personally know which your points fall under, but we're collating everything that's reported and the devs will go through it all, so thanks for flagging them.

Best Wishes.

Leave a comment:

• Dave From Cornwall
    replied
    So I have now played a couple of runs on this.

Driving the 150/2 is fun.

Except that you cant close the doors????

But you can tell that Rivet didnt visit the area before making the route.
    Where is Carn Brea? The large gorse covered hill to the south of Camborne-Redruth with a castle and the Basset monument? There is something there covered in trees?
    The two photos are taken side by side.
    I also note that St Michaels Mount was acknowledged but not modelled.
    Truro Cathedral is there, but has no resemblance to the real one.

D
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chacal
    replied
    Hello Rivet,
    I would like also to publish my own feeling about your awaited WCL DLC.

The very good :
    ​​​​​​-modelling of the 150, both interior and exterior, the driving cabin, evry thing is looking very nice.
    ​​​​​​- the stations are all beatifully modeled and detailed. They feel real and that the most important. A small thing is the not working PIS, and the way passenger go through.

The good :
    ​​​​​​- certain parts of scenery : penzance, Truro, St Ives for exemple are well done, maybe not true to life but the feel is right !

The less good :
    ​​​​​​- sound of 150, it was already commented, i understand that the way sounds work in TSW prevent you from just pasting AP sounds but still thΓ© results is lacking. I can live with that.
    ​​​​​​- feel of the 150, it dont feel right to me. To much like an electric modern unit. Maybe its personal feeling however
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​The bad :
    ​​​​​​- the layers add life, but for exemple you need Γ  mod to be able to show correct destinations on the 110..

​​​​​​- bugs during scenarios ( already known, i think this will be correcte easly)

​​​​​​- landscapetextures : fields and hills look too often like mud or sand patches...

​​​​​​- and finally and this is the biggest problem for me and prevent me of enjoying this route : All the scenery is behind trees. I feel like in forest while they should be hills, agricole landscapes, urban areas. They are trees there but not that much. The comparaison with an older route for TS shows that this older route is far more accurate and immersive landscapewise than yours (and longer !) I feel sorry because in exterior views i can see that behind all the trees there is actually scenary..

​​​​​​Uunfortunatly this is something i dont thing you may correct and in actual status i cant recommend it unless for people that dont look outside.
    Still i understand that people may like this route despite its lackings.
    ​​

Leave a comment:

• Trainking1
    replied
    Here is my honest review i've spent 2 hours with this DLC and here are my findings

Positives
    Good graphics and physics
    scenery is great
    Class 150 is good

Negatives
    very glitchy as well as quite a lot of bugs
    Sounds on the class 150 isn't up to standard especially with the price tag in no way does it sound like a true class 150 (compared to TS22 and YouTube) I was very reluctant but had to request a refund because it isn't up to standard compared with TS22 hopefully Rivet games will use this feedback as their way of improving the user experience this had my hopes up when it was announced but sadly the end product i feel just isn't what I hoped for

Sorry Rivet Games

Leave a comment:

• trainsimgaming
    replied
    My PC broke the day before this was released and I am waiting for the new Heatsink Can't wait to try this

Leave a comment:

• AmScot01324_Rivet
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, as you can see from our website we are not selling the route privately; it can be purchased from Steam, Epic, or the console sites -- https://www.rivet-games.com/product/...ornwall-local/

• AmScot01324_Rivet
    commented on 's reply
    Your comments are noted, but we put a lot more effort than childs play into this. Constructive criticism is appreciated; no need for otherwise. Cheers.

• nigel6446
    replied
    I purchased this route on Steam and although the locomotives are up to a good standard, the route and scenery have glaring omissions, I am not going to repeat what I said before but leave it to you to compare with the cab rides.

St. Erth to St. Ives and return
    https://youtu.be/_lzBufoKLyY

Penzance to Truro
    https://youtu.be/f-lLAgNf2oE

Rivet must have had plenty of photographs and the use of Google Earth and I am amazed by the placement of haphazard buildings nothing like the originals. Also what have they done to Truro Cathedral. There efforts are really not much better than childs play, which is a shame as their work on Stations and Locomotives are really stunningly beautiful. It’s just a shame their scenery is sub standard.
    Last edited by nigel6446; 11-04-2021, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X