Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives | OUT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have now played a couple of runs on this.

Driving the 150/2 is fun.

Except that you cant close the doors????

But you can tell that Rivet didnt visit the area before making the route.
    Where is Carn Brea? The large gorse covered hill to the south of Camborne-Redruth with a castle and the Basset monument? There is something there covered in trees?
    The two photos are taken side by side.
    I also note that St Michaels Mount was acknowledged but not modelled.
    Truro Cathedral is there, but has no resemblance to the real one.

D
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hi , glad you're having fun with the 150! We're looking into the doors problem, thanks for checking we were aware of it.

We do survey all routes and locos before starting development (there's devblogs up at https://www.youtube.com/rivetgames covering some of this), but unfortunately we can't always get everything perfect - sometimes it's a matter of prioritising both the time the team has available for each route, and the performance, as even if we had the time to add in all the detail we ideally wanted, it wouldn't run very well for many people. Plus sometimes of course we just get things wrong, in which case we'll try to fix them.

I don't personally know which your points fall under, but we're collating everything that's reported and the devs will go through it all, so thanks for flagging them.

Best Wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinM_Rivet View Post
        Hi , glad you're having fun with the 150! We're looking into the doors problem, thanks for checking we were aware of it.

We do survey all routes and locos before starting development (there's devblogs up at https://www.youtube.com/rivetgames covering some of this), but unfortunately we can't always get everything perfect - sometimes it's a matter of prioritising both the time the team has available for each route, and the performance, as even if we had the time to add in all the detail we ideally wanted, it wouldn't run very well for many people. Plus sometimes of course we just get things wrong, in which case we'll try to fix them.

I don't personally know which your points fall under, but we're collating everything that's reported and the devs will go through it all, so thanks for flagging them.

Best Wishes.
        Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I just thought the few iconic Cornish landscape items that are along the line, would have made the cut.

I appreciate it ultimately art. Give flavour, and I am impressed at what you have done right, there are so many things that are brilliant.

But I do feel that the trees are doing a lot of work to hide the view. I did note that I saw a full sized goal posts in the back garden of one the houses...interesting inclusion. You have a football pitch where there is actually a running track, I get what you have done.

As I have said above, you are missing South Crofty mine from the north side of Pool, and covered areas of gorse in trees.

I still think you missed trick by not including the Falmouth line- as you do have the 150/2 on platform 1 for Truro to do it. That would have truly kept it West Cornwall Local.

Thanks for reading

Dave

Comment

• Heyo,

I have a few points of feedback for you all to digest

1. The Class 150/2 sounds and feels wildly inaccurate from reality, I travel on them all the time so if you need any help with patching the sounds then please give me a buzz, I am happy to help you, as for the physics, its the acceleration that bugs me.
          2. The power and break handles are too clicky and could do with the sound toning down a few %
          3. A small nitpick from me is that the Local/ Gaurds door switches do not work at all (these can also be found (yet fully operable in the class 313 and 314 respective) these would be nice to use and you have added similar functions in the 1938/483, if these can be added in a patch this would be a lovely touch to see.
          4. Some control binds are missing such as B (Keyboard) for the gaurds buzzer, little things like this can make or break the product for a lot of people.
          5. The Bodyside Indicator Lights, MY GOD, they are some low texture images right there, they have no resemblance to a bulb at all and luck like crumpled pieces of paper, this makes me want to vomit when I see it.
          6. The AWS triggers when it shouldnt and vice-versa
          Scenario Planner feedback -
          There are missing paths such as from St. Ives to St. Erth 3, you cant go this way, only the other.
          Lots of Platforms are missing in Penzance, as too are most sidings and yards, these would be nice to see and I hope can be added in a patch ASAP.

In conclusion, I would like to see a patch addressing some of these issues, particularly 1, 3, 5 and 6 as these are small, yet big features for lots of players and I am happy to help if needed, I am looking forward to your response to the issues I highlighted, the fixes if possible and future rivet products.

Thank you

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
            Jasper_Rivet commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing to add to @matteomo's comment, but I would like to know what platforms you're missing in Penzance? Can you describe it more detailed please?

• Hi , thanks a lot for your detailed report. Some of those problems were already known, but anyway your spots have all been noted down now.

Comment

• Talking of paths and is there a reason why the first and last train of the day for the 150/2 for St Ives doesn't start and finish in Penzance? (Xbox)

I took the train to St Ives yesterday and the first train of the day comes up the mainline from Penzance/Longrock before crossing over into the branch. (first photo )
            Would have thought that would be two more journeys that would have been interesting for us?

As for missing platforms...not sure there are any missing in PZ...missing town yes, but the platforms are all there especially for 199x

Just a couple of photos, one of the St ives train on platform 2 on its way up from PZ and then a picture of St Ives from the train

D
            Attached Files

Comment

• Interesting thought, that would have been cool, agreed! I'll see if I can get a reason from our devs, don't think that it'll be changed though (since this would require a lot of testing to make sure we haven't broke anything else).

I'm glad that you aren't missing some platforms, I was a bit irritated by that comment - although I was relatively sure that we didn't missed something train-related in Penzance. 🥲

Thanks for sharing these photos - have to say that St. Ives looks way better at sunny weather. But maybe, we'll get some sunshine photos from you the next time you're heading down there...? 😉😊

Cheers,
              Jasper

Comment

• did you get any feed back from the Devs? Or did it fall into the black hole of Rivet?

Thanks again,

D

Comment

• In my opinion this route has not been a labour of love with Rivet. Pictures showing scenery inaccuracies where submitted in the thread by many, between 29th and 30th September and again, by Dave from Cornwall, on 29th November, but still no update on the scenery issued from Rivet. To my mind the route looks more fictional than life like and improvements to St. Ives, initially and Penzance is much needed. Then also to Truro Cathedral which needs to look right and not like a church. St. Michael’s Mount from a distance looks like a hill, Carn Brea in Redruth, Carbis Bay and West Cornwall golf course also need attention.

These portrayals are an insult to the great county of Cornwall and doesn’t take a lot of work to correct it, I know someone who could do a fantastic job to make the route look realistic, so come on Rivet do something about it please. It will be a feather in your cap if you correct the incorrect scenery and made this route look like it should and really please all train simulator players that know this route and the surroundings well. It isn’t a monumental task, it’s a simple job to correct the glaring mistakes and omissions. You can do it and make the whole train simulator community happy and proud of your work. Please don’t leave this route looking like an amateurish production. You have worked hard on Arosa, now the WCL needs some TLC!!!
                Last edited by nigel6446; 12-13-2021, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• I will give Rivet some praise Rivet did an amazing job on the station infrastructure. Truro feels perfect!
                  But have due to money/time constraints clearly not done much of a look in between the stations.

Going back to St Erth-St Ives...the first train of the day starts in St Ives? Can one of the Devs think about this?

D

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

We get your point - and we're sorry that we can't fulfill the hopes you had in the route. However, beeing extremly familiar with an area makes it almost impossible to get an area right for your. Let me explain: The Dresden - Riesa route for Train Sim World is an absolute masterpiece. BUT: For me as a local, I can't get over the fact that Dresden main station has just many things that aren't where they supposed to be - I'm talking interior and even platforms.

What I mean is that we focus on those areas that the player will recognise - which results in highly detailed stations and a true to life area close to the track. I don't think that there will be massive changes to the scenery - because it is quite a lot of work to model nearly every house that you'll see along the route.

I hope that this explanation makes sense to you, feel free to ask more questions!

I forwarded this to our devs, they thought it'd be a cool idea. We'll have a look at that once we got some free space to play around, that's NOT a promise to an update.

Comment

• Dave From Cornwall
                      Dave From Cornwall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Many thanks appreciate the devs may look at it in somepoint in the future.

For you and your team the Cornish phrase is Drekley- "at some point in the future unspecified"

• Jasper_Rivet
                      Jasper_Rivet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No worries, happy to help! Love the word btw., didn't knew that so definitely learned something for today! 😅

• Hi Jasper and thank you for responding to my recent posts. I am not complaining about the attention to detail of the production of the stations. In my opinion they have been modelled very well.

I do not know the reason why Rivet decided to make the West Cornwall route for TSW2. I thought at the time it was a huge task especially with the scenery of an area not familiar to you. I started a thread at the time of the announcement about this route which has now been closed, where I stated that it was important that you made it true to life.

Whilst I said that station detail is very good. The replication of the scenery area close to the track is far from true to life. Both Dave from Cornwall, myself and others have submitted pictures. St. Ives looks wrong. Missing are the harbour wall with lighthouse, Porthminster Beach is missing the Pedn Olva hotel and the Beach Cafe. The bridge on the entrance should be sloping towards the sea and not straight. The side entrance to Carbis Bay station platform is wrong, but I can live with that. Carbis Bay hotel is wrong. West Cornwall Golf Club is wrong. St. Michael’s Mount looks like a hill from a distance. Penzance town is missing. Carn Brea castle and South Crofty mine and Truro Cathedral need working on.

Finally, there is not a lot to do to make this route look life like and I hope that you and your team will continue to work on improving it. Cornwall is a very scenic county and should be replicated correctly in your route for all to enjoy.

Comment

• The 0844 (ish I am doing this off memory) 150/2 train from Truro to Penzance, does it leave 10 minutes too early?
                      You end up "following" the express train on red the whole way? Was that meant to be part of the plan?
                      Or was it a scenario that got culled? Express train running late, and you end up following it?

Hope the Devs can answer

D

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                        Jasper_Rivet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can have it they way you like it. But I prefer the version of you being stuck behind an express train running late. 😊 But most importantly: Did you enjoy the scenario? I find these slighty different ones always refreshing.

• perfect, just wanted to check it was on purpose! No one else seems to have noticed! It makes it more interesting, i guess sitting at the Falmouth junction waiting for 5 minutes...

I've done about 30 services now...so think I have found most of the issues.

All in all, very good. But do you know something.

My home station is Truro and the bit from St Austell to Truro in real life is the most boring bit of track waiting to get home, and even driving it in the game, its equally boring!

I want to stand up to get off after the second tunnel.

Thanks again,

Dave
                      Last edited by Dave From Cornwall; 01-07-2022, 10:11 AM. Reason: missed a key bit of the last sentence!

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                        Jasper_Rivet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Haha I can imagine! I find it quite relaxing, but can equally imagine that it's boring for someone who used to drive this route up and down in real life. 😂 Cheers, Jasper
                    Working...
                    X