Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives | OUT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lickey Man. I have been there since 1954 and not a lot has changed.

I maybe critical on Rivet’s route design resembling reality, but I do congratulate them on their exceptional work on the locomotives, wagons, sounds and Station designs especially the inside of Penzance which looks gorgeous.

I just hope that Rivet get the scenery right in the final release build, as I appreciate that last night’s stream was a development build and I hope that my criticism is taken on board in by Jasper and his team and that they have a look at the videos I posted. Getting this route looking right will be awesome and worth the cost price. At present I would only pay £11.99 for the locomotives.

Rivet just need to work harder with St Ives, Carbis Bay, Penzance, St Michael’s mount and Truro Cathedral. Get those right and the route would be awesome.
    Last edited by nigel6446; 10-16-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Jasper at Rivet. I have added some photos taken in the 90s to my two recent posts on DTGs forum to help you with your design. I hope these help.

You will find them in the section. Train Sim World-PC discussion on page 2, in the post “West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives - The Definitive Feedback Thread”

Last edited by nigel6446; 10-16-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

The headcode box and high intensity headlight seem to be mounted just a little bit too high on the new WCL 37. As is clearly visible on the image below on a real 37 the headcode box just about lines up with the top of the side vents and the headlight is lined up just below the taillights, whereas on the new TSW 37 the headlight lines up with the top of the taillights, meaning the headcode box doesn’t line up correctly

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
          Jasper_Rivet commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Isaac, I moved your question into the official West Cornwall Local thread here.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll have a look and make sure that everything as the correct position. The problem with these images is the focal lenght and perspective. As you can clearly tell, these images have been taken with a different focal lenght - and therefore some elements may seem compressed/extended, but they aren't.

• isaac47593
          isaac47593 commented
          Editing a comment
          Having purchased the route now it looks right, so it probably was just the perspective. Thanks for replying

Do any of the Devs actually look at this forum?
        Class 150 tweaks required:

-Brake rub sounds when slowing
        -Moving off far too quick when departing
        -Sounds are too quiet and do not represent a class 150 correctly.
        -Door beeping sounds occur after doors are shut.
        -no turbo/whining sound when applying throttle or shutting off power (AP sounds depict this on their website)
        -Brake release/application sounds are wrong. (Listen to the class 314 on Cathcart and they represent the sound better.) I can add the sounds to this page of required to explain better..
        -When the loco increases in speed, I can tell you that it is far too quick. I would say on average it takes 7-8 seconds to hit 10 mph.
        - The flange sounds are missing and could represent the motion sounds and again improve immersion and feel of the loco.
        -When sitting or located in the passenger area of the train, there is a different sound depicting the engine from underneath the bodywork (near the chassis). Has this been implemented when moving?
        -AWS ping when approaching a caution is completely inaccurate, seems to have a caution followed by a 'clear'. (This should only sound when a signal is green ahead).

Class 37

- Horn, sounds awful. It doesn't have any sort of echo towards it.
        - When thrashing or applying power in quick succession, it slowly adds further power sounds and could be amended to give that sort of 'grunt'. I can send videos if required?
        - The loco's nose where the 'Domino' is located, needs to be lowered and I can provide pictures so it can be patched.
        -Brake rub sounds, feeling of movement could be used (even generic).

These are crucial immersive and accurate requirements to ensure a sturdy and correct representation of the loco. I am sure within the next 3-4 days these could be looked at and a promise to patch issued/tested.

I send suggestions to DTG/RIVET Games but they seem to get lost in the post or ignored.
        Please can my requests be considered and can a Developer or a representative of DTG/Rivet contact me to help?

Finally, Any other forum poster/s, can you add to this information if you can advise of anything I have missed?

Comment

• Chandler721
          Chandler721 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think they do. Jasper commented on my feedback which I left.

But I completely agree with you. Please get these 150 tweaks in at least before launch! I was dissappointed with the non flange sounds, also the delay of the unit moving when pulling out of a station needs to be added, the 150 doesn’t just go, the engines rev first and then the train pulls off.

• AmScot01324_Rivet
          AmScot01324_Rivet commented
          Editing a comment
          The devs don't read the forum, the social media team do and Jasper, Colin, our moderator Matteo and myself give the feedback to the dev team.
          As Jasper stated on the live stream, we are not a large team (compared to Dovetail) and there is only so much we can do at a given time. We also don't work 24/7, so you not receiving a response immediately does not mean you are being ignored.

I've taken these items you've noted and reported them this morning. Thank you for all your helpful feedback.

It appears from this video that theres a fair bit of sidings and yard areas around some stations and a few other locations.So for example will any of these area be freely useable in timetable mode or senario planner(If they have manual switches) or wiill they just be rendered useless by to many redlights?Lots of time and effort goes into building sidings and yard space,it be ashame to have it alway be just for show.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
          Jasper_Rivet commented
          Editing a comment
          I moved your question regarding the yards to this one, as I want them to be in one place.

But the general answer to your question is yes: You'll have to take trains in and out of these sidings on scenarios and the timetable mode.

Back in the 90's the Carbis Bay hotel was NOT on the beach, that is only a recent thing. It was literally just tucked up under the viaduct.
        There has been a lot of sprawl since the 90's!

Comment

The route looks great I'm so excited to drive the class 150, this is looking to be my favourite route in the game

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
            Editing a comment
            That's so nice to hear. When you've given it a go, we'd love to hear what you think and please don't forget to leave us an honest review on Steam. Cheers!

Originally posted by Express1217 View Post
          During the stream, I've noticed that the timings aren't rounded off to half or full minutes. There's also very little time to set up the train before departure. 15-30 seconds is not enough to set up, open and close the doors. Why isn't it 1.5 or 2 minutes like most other routes?
          Good feedback, will forward it to the devs, cheers!

Originally posted by Licky Man View Post
          Do any of the Devs actually look at this forum?
          Class 150 tweaks required:

[..]

These are crucial immersive and accurate requirements to ensure a sturdy and correct representation of the loco. I am sure within the next 3-4 days these could be looked at and a promise to patch issued/tested.

I send suggestions to DTG/RIVET Games but they seem to get lost in the post or ignored.
          Please can my requests be considered and can a Developer or a representative of DTG/Rivet contact me to help?

Finally, Any other forum poster/s, can you add to this information if you can advise of anything I have missed?
          Hi again and thanks for the amazing feedback!

I'm a little confused - the raw train recordings are from AP (who's know for his superb sounds) and therefore should represent the sound quite well. And I can't remember much people on the livestream (and on other forums) shouting about it.

Regarding the acceleration: We covered this quite in detail in the livestream. When starting from a station, the brake is in position 1 - then the driver sets the throttle and then releases the brake. That is adding to the rev - as well as the oil filling the converter of course. In the livestream, Matt didn't handled the train 100% accurate, which might let you to your conclusion of a missing delay and too quick acceleration. I think this is something you need to try yourself because it can hardly be guessed from a video.

Most of the other bugs mentioned (for example the hustle alarm being wrong): Yes, we're aware of it and most of them are fixed for a day one patch already.

Originally posted by nigel6446 View Post
          I was not able to watch the Stream live tonight, otherwise I would have made some strong comments. After watching the stream later I was shocked that Rivet is releasing the route as shown.

St Erth to St Ives

After watching the preview, despite of all the previous criticism, I would have thought Rivet would have got the scenery right before releasing this route. It is really disgraceful and doesn’t do justice to a lovely scenic route

Walkway down to station wrong at Carbis Bay the walkway to the st Ives side does not access the station platform in real life.

Carbis Bay hotel missed out on the beach. [..]
          Thanks for the feedback - even though it could you could have made it sound a little nicer - and I'm definitely for the 5 year old to build such a route! 😉

I'm guessing you're from somewhere in Cornwall - and have a least been a couple times to Penzance, St. Ives etc. For someone who knows the route very well, I think it's hard to find anything good enough. As mentioned before, we improved the area around St. Ives quite significantly, on which we got a lot of positive feedback on the stream (where we first showed it off).

Nevertheless, we take you're comment serious, but we can't model each exact house as you'll probably understand. And let's not forget that the time changed things a lot (especially on the railway side of things) and it's sometimes hard to reproduce what could have been there (due to a lack of photos for example).

Cheers,
          Jasper

Comment

• Lickey Man
            Lickey Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Jasper! Sorry, I used to work as a train guard for London Midland and they hosted class 150's on their local services so I am quite familiar with these units myself.

It was only to ensure my knowledge and recollection of the DMU's and how they performed and wanted to pass on my feedback about what I felt was missing.

As mentioned by yourself, it is that 2 second delay that I am hoping is implemented and when working for London Midland, the drivers used to fully release the brake and send straight to notch 5 from start off.

My last pointer is the flange sounds/squeal, brake rub when slowing down (not heard on the stream and is quite loud in the cab as you are below the axle when driving) and of course the turbo whine when applying power (couldn't hear that on stream). Could these be checked by your Devs just so we can ensure the loco is at its pinnacle. I also am pleased that you have chosen AP as your sound source, as I can certainly liaise with your thoughts that their sounds are fantastic!

Finally.... Thank you for creating such a great loco and route. Treat it with the care and love it deserves as this has so much potential. Especially with future improvements and additional DLC to really recreate the 90's feel!!😁👌

**ALSO** The brake release sounds from the class 314 sound more accurate for the class 150, rather than the ones currently used. Could this be looked into please?
            Last edited by Lickey Man; 10-18-2021, 04:07 PM.

Did we ever get an answer on if the 150 & 37 are RailDriver supported please?

Comment

• AmScot01324_Rivet
            Editing a comment
            Hi. The answer to your question is yes - both the 150 & 37 are RailDriver supported.

• Hi folks,

we had a few questions on the stream that I said I'd follow up on and here they are:
          • Blank spots in the journey mode: This is a bug, we'll have a look into it.
          • We still have a bug on AI trains that when they're reversing, they don't change lights and the driver position (when leaving the station after reversing, the train is driving with taillights on the front and the driver sitting in the now rear cab). But we're having a look at it and hopefully provide a fix.
          • Class 37 sound: The changes we made are on the art side of the model (mostly exterior) and fixing a few bugs, no changes on the sound.
          • Raildriver support: Yes, both the Class 37 and the 150 have Raildriver support.

Shout if you have any other questions, happy to answer them. If not, see you on Thursday for the release stream! 😊

Comment

• SOUNDS AND CHARACTERISTICS

From what I heard on the stream

>Engine sounds need to be louder when revving up and pulling away
            > too quick to pull away at least 1-2 second delay !!
            >brake rub sound HAS to be there otherwise it is not a 150. End of story
            >track joint and flange squeal sounds have to be implemented.
            >turbo whistle missing
            >brake release hiss isn’t right.

Will begin testing properly on Thursday evening and then provide feedback of what still needs doing if anything. Hopefully nothing as all this would have been sorted

Comment

• Originally posted by ghawk2005 View Post
              SOUNDS AND CHARACTERISTICS

From what I heard on the stream

>Engine sounds need to be louder when revving up and pulling away
              > too quick to pull away at least 1-2 second delay !!
              >brake rub sound HAS to be there otherwise it is not a 150. End of story
              >track joint and flange squeal sounds have to be implemented.
              >turbo whistle missing
              >brake release hiss isn’t right.

Will begin testing properly on Thursday evening and then provide feedback of what still needs doing if anything. Hopefully nothing as all this would have been sorted
              I see you have made it to this forum also Gary

I also wish to emulate your pointers above, as I did produce a large list further up and I have also passed this (successfully) to JD and Matt in a conversation privately. This has been provided to Rivet and I have asked that JD and Matt also provide the feedback to Rivet to implement in a patch. (See above my pointers if it helps)

Comment

• I trust and hope that Jasper and Rivet have taken on board the criticism and comments and worked extra hard this week to improve St. Ives, Penzance, Carbis Bay, St Michael’s Mount and Truro Cathedral, if not I will not buy it. I have all the routes and locomotives issued to date, but if West Cornwall looks like the version BA and Mega sim have shown today I won’t purchase. It must look realistic and true.

I have been traveling this route regularly since 1954 and know it blind folded. It hasn’t changed very much from that time to the present day, and I hope Jasper that your team will make it look better over time. When it looks more authentic I will definitely get it. But for now I wait to judge your efforts. I did post pictures earlier which I hope have been seen and have also helped.

I am looking forward to seeing the final released version and have confidence that Rivet will deliver a route to be proud of.
                Last edited by nigel6446; 10-20-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• I see we have leaves on the line delaying it leaving the station this week!
                  Hope the preview stream tonight goes well!
                  D

Comment

• ❗ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ❗

I'm really sorry for those of you who can't wait, but unfortunately, we have to announce that West Cornwall Local is delayed. Make sure to watch the livestream tonight on Dovetails YouTube channel for the latest information and some important clarifications!

https://www.youtube.com/user/RailSimulatorDotCom

P.S.: Thanks for the ongoing feedback - very welcome!

Comment

Working...
                    X