Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives | OUT NOW!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Hi Lickey Man (what a name😉),

    thanks for the feedback! I can totally understand you hoping for more services and I'll pass this on to the team. But on the other hand, we wanted to get an realistic feel for the route - and it just isn't a busy commuter service line close to a big city. Please keep that in mind. 😅

    I heard your feedback on the sound, although I don't think we reinvented the wheel on the Class 37/5. But we did further improvements to the Class 150/2 from what you saw in the walkaround preview video (watch it here if you havent: https://youtu.be/1gB24Y62BTg) and I think you'll like it.

    Cheers! 😊

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
      Hi Lickey Man (what a name😉),

      thanks for the feedback! I can totally understand you hoping for more services and I'll pass this on to the team. But on the other hand, we wanted to get an realistic feel for the route - and it just isn't a busy commuter service line close to a big city. Please keep that in mind. 😅

      I heard your feedback on the sound, although I don't think we reinvented the wheel on the Class 37/5. But we did further improvements to the Class 150/2 from what you saw in the walkaround preview video (watch it here if you havent: https://youtu.be/1gB24Y62BTg) and I think you'll like it.

      Cheers! 😊

      Thank you! Yes it is a good name, I live close to the Lickey Incline

      Ok, I do understand if it is a quieter route, possibly the freight timetable quantities could be considered...?

      I see, so the class 37 stays as it was in TVL concerning sounds?

      In regards to the class 150, I can assure you that there are some concerns regarding the idling sound (sounds like it is in notch 5), also when the loco moves off it seems quite rapid as opposed to the 2 second(ish) rev up and move and when it moved off on the video, the rev up sounds did not seem accurate, even with the windows shut. 😔

      Finally, there are quite a few reviews from other users on your YouTube video that you have politely recommended above, and there seems to be some similar reviews that replicate my thoughts regarding sounds. Would it be possible for you and/or Devs to take a look at the feedback?😊

      I can assure you I am only providing this information because this route is the most exciting route I have ever wanted from TSW2, so I want to be a polite critic and here for your best intentions and to ensure a sturdy and high quality release. 😄👍

      I look forward to hearing from you soon Jasper.

      Warmest regards.👌
      Lickey Man
      Junior Member
      Last edited by Lickey Man; 10-11-2021, 09:43 PM.

      Comment


      • #78
        Hi Jasper, any chance on some feedback from the above please?

        Kind regards

        Comment


        • #79
          As
          Jasper_Rivet
          Community Manager
          Jasper_Rivet has clearly stated the mainline in the 1990's is quiet.

          I have written on the DTG board- there is only 1(ish) train an hour up and and another back- because of the single line between Snozzle and Truro. Also because of the antiquated signalling system.

          There was an HST every other hour to Paddington, and the 150/2 to Plymouth on the alternate hour, so if we are not getting the HST, but its being replaced with a 150, there is still only one train an hour each way. There are no "layers" to layer as there is no space on the track for more trains.

          There is two bottle necks- Longrock and Probus of single track. Makes space difficult.

          I guess from a personal level that is why I was disappointed they didnt do the Falmouth branch from Truro- to give them a dozen or so more services with the 150/2.

          D

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Dave From Cornwall View Post
            As
            Jasper_Rivet
            Community Manager
            Jasper_Rivet has clearly stated the mainline in the 1990's is quiet.

            I have written on the DTG board- there is only 1(ish) train an hour up and and another back- because of the single line between Snozzle and Truro. Also because of the antiquated signalling system.

            There was an HST every other hour to Paddington, and the 150/2 to Plymouth on the alternate hour, so if we are not getting the HST, but its being replaced with a 150, there is still only one train an hour each way. There are no "layers" to layer as there is no space on the track for more trains.

            There is two bottle necks- Longrock and Probus of single track. Makes space difficult.

            I guess from a personal level that is why I was disappointed they didnt do the Falmouth branch from Truro- to give them a dozen or so more services with the 150/2.

            D
            Hi Dave,

            Not sure if this was in response to my previous message. I would feel that more than 6 services for the 37 would have occurred in the 1990s, maybe a timetable somewhere would confirm?

            I feel the rest of the information needs confirming by Jasper.

            I am trying to ensure that checks are made to ensure the loco/s are ready for the stream Friday, especially that the scenery had some backlash from other users and this is the reason for my extensive feedback above.
            Cheers.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Lickey Man View Post

              Hi Dave,

              Not sure if this was in response to my previous message. I would feel that more than 6 services for the 37 would have occurred in the 1990s, maybe a timetable somewhere would confirm?

              I feel the rest of the information needs confirming by Jasper.

              I am trying to ensure that checks are made to ensure the loco/s are ready for the stream Friday, especially that the scenery had some backlash from other users and this is the reason for my extensive feedback above.
              Cheers.
              Lickey Man
              Junior Member
              Lickey Man as they are not doing the China clay branch line (to Parkandillack), and by the sounds of it we are doing engineering runs, there is going to be limited freight runs west of St Austell.

              So no, there probably wouldnt have been more 37 runs to the west. If the scope of the line had been extended up to Par then there would have been potential to play around there- port and St Blazey sheds.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Dave From Cornwall View Post

                Lickey Man
                Junior Member
                Lickey Man as they are not doing the China clay branch line (to Parkandillack), and by the sounds of it we are doing engineering runs, there is going to be limited freight runs west of St Austell.

                So no, there probably wouldnt have been more 37 runs to the west. If the scope of the line had been extended up to Par then there would have been potential to play around there- port and St Blazey sheds.
                Such a shame, will check stream first. Was looking forward to this DLC

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Lickey Man View Post

                  Such a shame, will check stream first. Was looking forward to this DLC
                  If you think this was designed as a plaything for the 150/2 between Penzance and Truro it was perfect. By extending it to St Austell they introduce the tease of the freight. I imagine we will see 37's parked up at Burngullow Dries where the Parkandilack branch goes up to the north.

                  Freight really died off in the 60's in Cornwall with containerisation of shipping, then in the 1970's the introduction of the HST reduced the possibility of a freight going up to London, as they had previously attached the odd goods van to the loco hauled movement.

                  Cornish freight now, as then, is focused around Par, with the odd exception of the engineering run down to Penzance.

                  D

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Dave From Cornwall View Post

                    If you think this was designed as a plaything for the 150/2 between Penzance and Truro it was perfect. By extending it to St Austell they introduce the tease of the freight. I imagine we will see 37's parked up at Burngullow Dries where the Parkandilack branch goes up to the north.

                    Freight really died off in the 60's in Cornwall with containerisation of shipping, then in the 1970's the introduction of the HST reduced the possibility of a freight going up to London, as they had previously attached the odd goods van to the loco hauled movement.

                    Cornish freight now, as then, is focused around Par, with the odd exception of the engineering run down to Penzance.

                    D
                    This is why use of the 37 in this route seems a waste of time. I hope we can get the HST layered. It will be the wrong engine and wrong livery but, in the circumstances, I would be willing to suspend belief. Depending on what I see in the streams, I will probably get this route for the 150/2, especially as AP are doing the sounds (it is one of my favourite trains in TS classic) and for the scenery if they can take on board previous comments and improve matters in this regard.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Jeremy said a few threads back there would be an updated screenshot of St Ives , do we have that yet? I know theres a stream tonight.... be interesting to know whether the sand has been made better and the landscape more realistic.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	TSW2_West_Cornwall_Local_Social_Assets_In_game_loading_screen_coming_soon_ENG_1920x1080.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	823.0 KB
ID:	5529


                        Get ready to experience the beautiful Cornish coast in Rivet Games’ West Cornwall Local: Penzance to St Austell, coming to Train Sim World 2 next week, October 21!

                        Don't forget to wishlist the product on Steam now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...s_Route_AddOn/


                        And don't forget to join the preview stream on Dovetails YouTube channel tonight at 8pm UK time: https://www.youtube.com/user/RailSimulatorDotCom

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          From the latest image of St. Ives. The hotel at the end of the Railway Station Car Park above the rocks, the Pedn Olva, is still missing.

                          I will watch the stream before I reserve judgement and hope Rivet and Jasper continue to work hard on it before next Thursday’s release. They have a wonderfulopportunity to get all the detail correct and make this route really impressive, I hope they don’t overlook this opportunity.

                          However I have my doubts, after IOW and Arosa that this route will also be a huge disappointment too. I hope not and after the negative feedback from the images they have previously shown, that they release something worth investing in. Something that will be a landmark to the game. Don’t fail us again RIVET please.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            During the stream, I've noticed that the timings aren't rounded off to half or full minutes. There's also very little time to set up the train before departure. 15-30 seconds is not enough to set up, open and close the doors. Why isn't it 1.5 or 2 minutes like most other routes?

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I was not able to watch the Stream live tonight, otherwise I would have made some strong comments. After watching the stream later I was shocked that Rivet is releasing the route as shown.

                              St Erth to St Ives

                              After watching the preview, despite of all the previous criticism, I would have thought Rivet would have got the scenery right before releasing this route. It is really disgraceful and doesn’t do justice to a lovely scenic route

                              Walkway down to station wrong at Carbis Bay the walkway to the st Ives side does not access the station platform in real life.

                              Carbis Bay hotel missed out on the beach.

                              St Ives Porthminster beach wrong Many buildings missed out

                              St Ives Pedn olva hotel missed off above the rocks on Porthminster Beach.

                              Both St Ives Harbour walls missed out.

                              Buildings around the harbour completely wrong. Buildings on the hill on approach to St Ives different. Porthminster Hotel now St Ives Harbour Hotel missed out. Also West Cornwall Golf Course doesn’t look like a Golf Course and buildings randomly added that don’t exist in reality.

                              Compare for yourself https://youtu.be/_lzBufoKLyY

                              It is a pretty amateurish effort, a five year old could have done better. If I was working at Rivet, I’d be so embarrassed to bring this to the TSW community as if this is the best they can do to replicate a route how poor then are all the other routes already in the game.

                              I am not going to add further criticism on Penzance to Truro. But you can judge from the video of the drivers eye view.

                              https://youtu.be/f-lLAgNf2oE

                              RIVET, please stick to what you are fairly good at developing locomotives and stay off recreating routes
                              nigel6446
                              Member
                              Last edited by nigel6446; 10-16-2021, 08:45 AM.

                              Comment


                              • RudolfJan
                                RudolfJan
                                Member
                                RudolfJan commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Sorry, your tone of voice is not constructive but very offensive. This really does not help to get anything changed.

                            • #90
                              Originally posted by nigel6446 View Post
                              I was not able to watch the Stream live tonight, otherwise I would have made some strong comments. After watching the stream later I was shocked that Rivet is releasing the route as shown.

                              St Erth to St Ives

                              After watching the preview, despite of all the previous criticism, I would have thought Rivet would have got the scenery right before releasing this route. It is really disgraceful and doesn’t do justice to a lovely scenic route

                              Walkway down to station wrong at Carbis Bay the walkway to the st Ives side does not access the station platform in real life.

                              Carbis Bay hotel missed out on the beach.

                              St Ives Porthminster beach wrong Many buildings missed out

                              St Ives Pedn olva hotel missed off above the rocks on Porthminster Beach.

                              Both St Ives Harbour walls missed out.

                              Buildings around the harbour completely wrong. Buildings on the hill on approach to St Ives different. Porthminster Hotel now St Ives Harbour Hotel missed out. Also West Cornwall Golf Course doesn’t look like a Golf Course and buildings randomly added that don’t exist in reality.

                              Compare for yourself https://youtu.be/_lzBufoKLyY

                              It is a pretty amateurish effort, a five year old could have done better. If I was working at Rivet, I’d be so embarrassed to bring this to the TSW community as if this is the best they can do to replicate a route how poor then are all the other routes already in the game.

                              I am not going to add further criticism on Penzance to Truro. But you can judge from the video of the drivers eye view.

                              https://youtu.be/f-lLAgNf2oE

                              RIVET, please stick to what you are fairly good at developing locomotives and stay off recreating routes
                              I am not from the area so forgive me. However, this is set in the early 90's so perhaps things have changed since then? Maybe, changes have been made to the walkway at Carbis/St Ives die to health and safety and instead may have been re-routed since then?

                              Just a thought.

                              I found quite a lot of lovely scenery on it, though the houses are very generic and could have looked better...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X