Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives | OUT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave From Cornwall View Post
    Just a couple of pictures from my visit to Penzance.

Note the Scillonian 3 on the quay (yes it doesnt go on Sundays) You can also see the church on the hill quite clearly.

Nice mosaic in the station wall.

Also note from Hayle, you can actually see St Ives in the distance on a clear day.

One thing not in the photos, but worth mentioning. Your trees at Penzance station, they are actually Palm trees, not what ever you have used

D
    I am pleased we have people in the forum that are from the area and I know this will help ensure a sturdy release.

I just hope that nobody is forgetting that this DLC will be set in the 90's and therefore, the foliage and sculpting of the route is based on that era.

I also am aware that some scenery and foliage provided on previews for Rivet games do not depict the correct scenery expected of that era but I feel photos taken in 2021 may conflict with the specific era this is being represented for.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Lickey Man; 10-04-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lickey Man View Post

I am pleased we have people in the forum that are from the area and I know this will help ensure a sturdy release.

I just hope that nobody is forgetting that this DLC will be set in the 90's and therefore, the foliage and sculpting of the route is based on that era.

I also am aware that some scenery and foliage provided on previews for Rivet games do not depict the correct scenery expected of that era but I feel photos taken in 2021 may conflict with the specific era this is being represented for.

Cheers.
      Yes this is good point. There is plenty of reference for the route at this time, for example Video 125โ€™s HST Far West video from 1990, which I would hope they would have used. It would be interesting to compare the route with this or similar videos from the time.

Comment

Lickey Man. St. ives in the 90s is no excuse I have been there since the 50s and it hasnโ€™t changed at all. So unspoilt and charming. Penzance is way out too. Rivet seem incapable of accurately designing as Arosa and IOW have glaring mistakes to their design.

Watching Matt Peddlesden on the Stream tonight with the new extension for the German Route and the scenery looked so breathtaking and accurate.

I hope Rivet get it right before releasing. Another poor effort will be so embarrassing and I hope there will be updates to Arosa and IOW soon too.

Comment

Peeps, I wasnt trying to tell or highlight to Rivet or anyone else how to do anything!
          I was literally just sharing some pictures of my trip to PZ...for interest.
          However churches and historic banks were definitely there in the 1890's as they were in 1990's.
          I am genuinely looking forward to the route.

Have a great day!

D

Comment

Originally posted by MrSouthernDriver View Post

a thing I wanted to touch on is what livery will the class 37/5 have on this route?
            Rail freight sector?
            Br Blue?
            EWS?
            Likely one of the Railfreight liveries. EWS came after privatisation and is not appropriate. Either Rf grey like the Class 20 or two tone grey Rf sectoral similar to TVL are my guesses.

Comment

Lesopc That's pretty accurate, yeah! ๐Ÿ˜‰Lesopc That's pretty accurate, yeah! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by nigel6446 View Post
              Lickey Man. St. ives in the 90s is no excuse I have been there since the 50s and it hasnโ€™t changed at all. So unspoilt and charming. Penzance is way out too. Rivet seem incapable of accurately designing as Arosa and IOW have glaring mistakes to their design.

[..]
              As I stated before: We worked/are working on St. Ives and Penzance and I believe that we improved/are improving it significantly! Thanks for the valuable feedback from everyone though, that was really helpful!

Comment

Jasper_Rivet the next "issue" will be the famous three spires of the cathedral in Truro...

Please tell me you are accurately modelling it, not just picking "Church" in the drop down option?

D

Comment

It is good to hear from Jasper that Rivet will work hard to improve the scenery.

Not only improve but get the buildings and scenery more accurate is a MUST DO as DTG have set the bar and the bar is already high, Rivet cannot afford to lower it.

If Rivet cannot replicate the buildings and scenery correctly they will not impress the Train Sim World community who will vote with their wallets and many have already voiced their concerns and opinions on various forums.
                  Last edited by nigel6446; 10-07-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

First preview will be next week according to the schedule

Comment

Can anybody at Rivet games advise of the state of the Class 37 you are including in the route? I really would like you to consider AP sounds and definitely a reworked cab and external body work. I'm sure there are several members here who can provide photos of how they appeared in the 90s for reference if not done so already?

I am a little bit worried you will use the already available class 37 for Tees valley and alot of TSW2 users will be disappointed.

Please consider my request Rivet Gamesโ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
                      Last edited by Lickey Man; 10-08-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
                        Lesopc That's pretty accurate, yeah! ๐Ÿ˜‰Lesopc That's pretty accurate, yeah! ๐Ÿ˜‰

As I stated before: We worked/are working on St. Ives and Penzance and I believe that we improved/are improving it significantly! Thanks for the valuable feedback from everyone though, that was really helpful!

another question I wanted to ask is will there be any layering on this route from other routes?

Comment

The layout of the route is really important. Maintaining the consistency of the terrain will give players a better sense of erosion. As for the houses on the terrain, they can be roughly the same instead of placing several attributes at random.

Comment

When will screenshots of the class 37 get posted

Will the class 150 substitute on to tees valley line

// Merged together by Jasper_Rivet
                            Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 10-11-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, we'll give you an update (& hopefully some screenshots) on the Class 37 as soon as we can (you know, legal stuff that we need to deal with first).

Re layering or substitution: No, there's nothing like that planned as far as I'm aware. You can of course take the Class 150/2 and drive it on any other route you like using scenario planner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
                                Hey guys, we'll give you an update (& hopefully some screenshots) on the Class 37 as soon as we can (you know, legal stuff that we need to deal with first).

Re layering or substitution: No, there's nothing like that planned as far as I'm aware. You can of course take the Class 150/2 and drive it on any other route you like using scenario planner.
                                Hi Jasper,

Many thanks for your reply about our questions.

I would like you to consider further services as 60+ services for the 150 and 6 for the class 37 would be completed rather quickly.

Please take on board our comments on the class 150 sounds + class 37 sounds as we really are excited for your latest release and would love to ensure there are accuracies with locomotives included and the scenery of the route.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X