Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives | OUT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Jasper_Rivet thanks for the update.

I am pretty sure in the 2000's at least it was a real stop, it may have been on the hour? As there were two trains an hour one will have stopped and the other was a request.

I do know it was busy though. The station is now effectively closed, as the park and ride has moved to St Erth,

Lelant Saltings railway station - Wikipedia

Did we get anywhere with the line speeds? Did they find that they changed them? As for the 12-13 minute each way now, to then?

Thanks again,

D

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
      Jasper_Rivet commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, I'll forward it to our devs. I'm not too sure if this is going to be changed, since it would require a lot of testing and re-simulating the timetable. Same goes for the line speed, we build them according to our reference as far as I'm aware, but maybe our reference was wrong?

• Dave From Cornwall
      Dave From Cornwall commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jasper_Rivet. From what I have read is that when the train stopped at both Lelant and Lelant Saltings the return trip was 14 minutes each way leaving 1 minute turnaround- which is why it was always nearly running late (which would have made a great scenrio drive it back and forth for an hour trying to keep to time!)
      Now they miss it out its 12-13 minutes giving the driver a little flexibility at each end.
      At a guess I dont think the 20mph down hill section from Carbis Bay to Lelant is realistic, if you are going to be doing the route in 12-13 minutes as they do now? It works perfectly for the 17 minutes on your timetable?

Thanks again Jasper

D

• Jasper. I hope you will continue to work on this route to make it more realistic especially St. Ives. The only way to play this route for a realistic feel is at night time.
    Last edited by nigel6446; 04-19-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Hi Jasper_Rivet just playing on google.

This is taken from network rail website for the PC region in 2003- the earliest time table I can find for free on network rail.

Both Lelant and Lelant Saltings were both request stops? Some times they stopped there, other times they didn't. But they were getting to St Ives and back to St Erth within the hour?

Also if you note that several of the trains actual were Penzance to St Ives direct, rather than starting in St Erth going straight to branch. That ties in with wiki suggesting crew changes were done in Penzance rather than St Erth.

I am not criticising at all, as this data is after your period, but its rather interesting, and would have made the game a little more fun with traffic around the single line at Long Rock?

Thanks again
      D

Attached Files

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
        Jasper_Rivet commented
        Editing a comment
        They're still thinking about a lot of other stuff right know (finishing stages of a project are always crazy busy). We're hoping to have a look at it after that, but that's nothing set in stone I'm afraid.

• Dave From Cornwall
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jasper_Rivet could they also look into the St Austell to Penzance freight run on journey mode.
        Its unfinishable, even with all the points in the right position.
        I will get the code tonight, I keep forgetting to get the code, but you get all the way to Long Rock, get around the wagons, reconnect to head back to the depot, and even after changing all the obvious points, it wont let you through!
        Cheers
        D

• Dave From Cornwall
        Editing a comment
        Jasper_Rivet can I flag this thread on DTG board?
        https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...0/#post-451428
        Is it broken?

• Is there any chance that West Cornwall Local will be finished? There is still a lot of work to do on the route to make it right. The only way I will play it is at night, so as not to be frustrated by the poor unresembling scenery.

I was over the moon when I heard from DTG that another Swiss route was on the agenda. Then my feelings of joy turned to disappointment when I heard Rivet Games were producing it. IMO Rivet’s track record when it comes to route building is poor and there are many others who think the same. As there is still a lot of work to do to get WCL looking right, that I will not buy the new Swiss route until there is at least a 40% reduction on it. WCL is now selling at 40% off and truthful it is not worth paying that at the moment.

It is obvious that this route required more time to be at the standard of all the other routes in the game before it was released, and where gamers would like it to be. So come on Jasper and your team, please continue to still work on improving WCL to make it look a resemblance of West Cornwall. I know you can do it, so please have your graphic designer either visit the area or look at the multitude of photographs available on the internet and make all those who know Cornwall happy that you can deliver the beautiful look of Cornwall to the TSW2 game.

I certainly hope that you will ensure that your new route, S-Bahn Zentralschweiz: Luzern - Sursee with SBB RABe 523, announced today is up to the standard of DTG routes and take time to ensure it looks right for those that purchase it.

Unfortunately I am sorry to say that I won’t be investing in this route. The first one I haven’t bought. I will wait until the Swiss is well discounted before I consider purchasing it.
      Last edited by nigel6446; 03-19-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• What still grieves me, is the fact that Rivet are continually prepared to accept that the design of West Cornwall local is disgraceful.

Take St. Ives for example and compare for yourselves.

This is how St. Ives looks and has for decades.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BC920831-F4E3-490C-81A9-703C2454F66D.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	6729

This is Rivet’s professional version. Don’t you think that a company like Rivet could do a much better job!!!

Name:	625E352B-25DF-4DF0-8E4A-DD4FBB5E00C4.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	6730
        Based on this evidence of Rivet’s work, it is shambolic and anyone could do a better job as proved below.

This is how a version of an amateur Train Simulator member who designed it on a freeware route.bNo Hotel on the rocks, no harbour wall or lighthouse.

Name:	32211D08-091A-4817-962D-A17088CD6FED.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	6731
        Compare these with Rivet’s effort and you will clearly see it still needs some work to get it looking right.

Rivet still have to correct Truro Cathedral, Insert Godrevy lighthouse into the design which they missed, improve Hayle, Penzance and St. Michael’s Mount and many other important landmarks along the route.

If Rivet think this is acceptable then I am extremely concerned about their development of other routes in the future.

Because the West Cornwall route is graphically so poor, Rivet should make a gesture to those that purchased it with a decent discount for any other route of theirs. We all know that they will be vastly discounted in the sales, as Zuzern-Sursee will be in a couple of months time. I will wait to see if WCL is improved before opening my wallet for them.

Comment

• RedRev1917
          RedRev1917 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its pretty subjective on which is better. and if you actually used a in game screen shot rather than a WIP shot which was much improved on I actually think that its a reasonable likeness and much closer to reality then the TSC version.

No sim accurately replicates every single asset to 100% fidelity and theres always going to be compromises.

• nigel6446 The screenshot of St Ives was a work in progress and the sand colour was changed before release. See pic from in game as of today

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	E86A0037-1EA9-4DFE-98F3-45A427005D63.jpg Views:	6 Size:	511.5 KB ID:	6875

The above picture shows Rivet‘s very poor attempt of recreating St. Ives Harbour.

sdc, Rivet have still left out the harbour wall with its lighthouse, together with the hotel building on top of the rocks. Not difficult to correct. Rivet have had over four months to make this route look more realistic by issuing an update, but it seems that they actually couldn’t be bothered. I hope they are actually working on it. It’s not difficult to do, is it. The only way to play this route is in the dark, as many of those that know the route well, are really appalled by Rivet’s pathetic design. Cornwall is a beautiful and pretty picturesque County and WCLs attempt is just so disgraceful.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AF7AC6A3-5A4A-40BE-9150-A813C282D658.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.63 MB ID:	6876

The way they replicate the locomotives and stations is first class, but their route design, especially with WCL is disgusting.

Jasper at Rivet, please replicate the above picture into the game. Thank you 🙏 It is not difficult to put it right.
          Last edited by nigel6446; 04-05-2022, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	BE724DE7-4EE0-45DC-A191-459239673B44.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.6 KB ID:	7089 St Ives Harbour and Lighthouse.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C6101F4B-E668-4CF1-B847-E92E94241E34.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.5 KB ID:	7090 Pedn Olva and St Ives as seen from the Station.

Click image for larger version  Name:	423FC14F-D7D8-41D5-95F7-4B713613C5A1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.8 KB ID:	7091 Godrevy Lighthouse as seen from the railway in St. Ives Bay.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B88286B6-4BD8-437A-9DB1-17036B62C9EB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.2 KB ID:	7092Carn Brea Castle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DE4C37B4-8F00-4DA7-8E2F-3166C939DA87.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.8 KB ID:	7093 Truro Cathedral.

All these important landmarks have been missed out of this route, which shows that Rivet have not shown attention to detail in their replication of important scenery and this route still needs urgent attention to make look right.

Rivet’s eye to detail with Locomotives We and Stations is superb, but would they issue locomotives without a boiler or a station without a platform. I don’t think they would so why has the scenery on this route been unfinished and made to look like a model railway. It is six months since this route has been issued and Rivet should be issuing an update to correct all the glaring errors and omissions in this route.

I never play it now, as the scenery is so devoid of the original and so unlike the place itself in so many places. The only bits RIVET got almost right was the Stations, 37/5 150/2 and the sky and sea.
            Last edited by nigel6446; 05-04-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Just a quick service post: We're working on an update for the Class 150/2 and are more than pleased to share what's going to be included (as of right now, things might change):
              • Characteristic 2s startup delay between rev up and move off
              • Slower and more accurate acceleration between 0 and 30 mph
              • Engine adjusted so that max speed works out to around 75mph and you requires higher notches to maintain that speed.
              • Revs will no longer drop when going into forwards or reverse
              • Throttle lock now only applies when in braking 2 or greater. In braking 1 full throttle is available.
              • Added contact signaller functionality to phone
              • Fixed bug where doors could be stuck open if open buttons pressed quickly multiple times
              • Added climb up transition to front end of train
              • Added shunting cameras
              • Guard buzzer can no longer be used if any doors are open
              • Fix bug where longer formations would sometimes not apply full power

Let us know if you have any questions, happy to answer them. ^^

Comment

• Chandler721
                Chandler721 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you.

As you are going that far on fixing the train…..

Please sort the sounds out as well!

You will make the TSW community very happy. Ask Armstrong Powerhouse for their AP 150/2 sound pack and work with them on the sounds. I bet it’s not difficult! Let them work with you for the sounds and you will have a superb product with this next patch / update. You need the proper sounds now to link with these fixes for the 150/2 that your going to push out.

• If you happen to own TSW 3, we have good news for you. There's an update for West Cornwall Local. See the changelog below.
              We don't have a date yet when this will become available for Train Sim World 2, we'll keep you updated.

West Cornwall Local:
              • Updated Rail Driver mapping for Class 150 and Class 37
              • Front-end images are artefact free
              • Class 37-5 rail driver controls have been updated

There's more in this update, see the original Dovetail forum post: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...ptember.58549/

Comment

Working...
              X