No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives | COMING SOON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks, yes, just a little bit more of patience and we'll be able to tell you more about that

Comment

Originally posted by MrSouthernDriver View Post
      Well not impatience I’m just worried about it only including 1 loco that’s all
      It won’t. Rivet have stated there will be the 150/2, a new loco and a reused train

Comment

Originally posted by Formulabee View Post

It won’t. Rivet have stated there will be the 150/2, a new loco and a reused train
        I am guessing that 'New Loco' is the 150/2.

The only 'Reused' train that Operates in this area in 1990-2010 that we have in TSW is the HST. Even then, if they mean layering from GWE, it is in the complete wrong livery. Unless Dovetail is working on a Pacer, which is unlikely considering there is not much demand for it and the only other routes that would make use of it would be NTP and TVL, and it would probably be in the wrong livery. Personally, I think given the Time Period of the Early Privatised Period, the only other loco, besides the 150/2, is the HST. I do hope its in BR Blue or Great Western Trains. The livery designer possibilities of an HST.

Comment

I have a feeling that this route will be in Regional Railways/Intercity Swallow era of the early 1990s. Along with the Class 150/2 DMUs already announced, I would put a bet on a Class 50 as the other new locomotive and the Class 08 as the reused type. If not the Class 50, then a reworked HST with Valenta power. I wonder what other people think.
          Regardless, I can't wait for more details and screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by trainsimgaming View Post

I am guessing that 'New Loco' is the 150/2.

The only 'Reused' train that Operates in this area in 1990-2010 that we have in TSW is the HST. Even then, if they mean layering from GWE, it is in the complete wrong livery. Unless Dovetail is working on a Pacer, which is unlikely considering there is not much demand for it and the only other routes that would make use of it would be NTP and TVL, and it would probably be in the wrong livery. Personally, I think given the Time Period of the Early Privatised Period, the only other loco, besides the 150/2, is the HST. I do hope its in BR Blue or Great Western Trains. The livery designer possibilities of an HST.
            Rivet have confirmed it is in the early nineties, before the network was privatised. If the HST is included then they will obviously reskin it. By ‘new’ they meant a train that was not already used n game, sides, it has already been announced.

Comment

Rivet have confirmed it is in the early nineties, before the network was privatised. If the HST is included then they will obviously reskin it. By ‘new’ they meant a train that was not already used n game, sides, it has already been announced.
              The only train so far announced is the Class 150/2. There is meant to be one other NEW train as well as an existing type. Hence the other new type could be either Valenta powered HST or Class 50 which both fit the period along with possibly the Class 08 as the existing type for Long Rock Depot moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesopc View Post
                The only train so far announced is the Class 150/2. There is meant to be one other NEW train as well as an existing type. Hence the other new type could be either Valenta powered HST or Class 50 which both fit the period along with possibly the Class 08 as the existing type for Long Rock Depot moves.
                Personally, I think there is higher chance of the HST happening. There is more demand for it. Plus, given that the Class 50 was being withdrawn around this time, Its unlikely to be featured

Comment

Originally posted by MrSouthernDriver View Post
                  Well not impatience I’m just worried about it only including 1 loco that’s all
                  No worries, we'll have more than just one train/loco.

No, we never said that. We said that we'll have the 150/2 as the new train and some more rolling stock, which we'll announce later!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
                    Hi Dave,

I informed myself properly now and can explain why and what we'll be having. Sorry for any confusion caused. Just keep in mind, the route will be set around the early 1990s.

With the extension to St. Austell, we have a few things going on (and this is how we're developing it):
                    • Yes you're right, the line is single track between Burngullow and somewhere near Probus. We'll have that single track section.
                    • In St. Austell, we won't have the motorrail platform - only the two little stumps left there. But we'll have the siding up north towards London, which will allow for passenger trains to move in there, change ends and the leave toward Truro again.
                    • We won't have the depot in St. Austell, that one was abandoned a few years ago already.
                    • But we will have the (china clay?) factory near Treewon, which will allow a lot more gameplay for freight trains.

I hope I could get you guys a better idea of what we're working on at the moment. 😄
                    Many thanks Jasper_Rivet for the reply- I have been on leave away from the computer.

If you have got the "dries" at Burngullow junction that will gives us the suggestion that you will have a small freight run from the dries to St Austell on the way to Par/Fowey? You really should think about the extra couple of miles up towards parkandillack to give the freight munchers the branch to play on

Can you tell us why you chose to ignore the Falmouth line in preference to going to St Austell? Similar mileage, you already had the 150/2 and would have kept it "West Cornwall local!"?

I am also intrigued to see how you model South Crofty mine between Camborne-Redruth as that was fully operational early 90's with its plant in situ. Now demolished- so be careful when you google maps scan the route.

You would have also had the Holman Brothers building at Dolcoath that is now housing- again watch out with your route building. Where there are flats, there was a gurt great shed!

Any how enough of my ramblings.

Dave

Comment

If by chance some type of frieght opportunity finds it's way into this route,might that suggest the possibility of 1 or more new frieght wagons?

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                        Jasper_Rivet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Unfortunately, I can't give you more information about that at the moment. But we'll see what we can do. 😄

Can't wait for this route!

I have a question though. On the latest roadmap, it says 'Penzance - Turo"? Was the extension cancelled

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                        Jasper_Rivet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Absolutely not! We're still working on Penzance to St. Austell and the St. Ives branch. 😄

Can't wait for this route!

I have a question though. On the latest roadmap, it says 'Penzance - Turo"? Was the extension cancelled
                      No, was error on DTG’s part

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post

No worries, we'll have more than just one train/loco.

No, we never said that. We said that we'll have the 150/2 as the new train and some more rolling stock, which we'll announce later!

also a thing that people have been praying for is Armstrong Powerhouse Sounds For The Class 150/2, will they have Armstrong Powerhouse Sounds or no?

Comment

No, was error on DTG’s part
                          Thank god!

Comment

Thank god!
                            Yeah, I was like that when I heard it was an error instead!

Comment

Working...
                            X