Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotthardbahn Route Update

Dear all,

We've been delighted with the success of the launch of the Gotthardbahn route, and overwhelmed with so many positive comments about it. As is always the case with software though, there were some issues so the team have been working hard to fix as many as possible in an update for the route that we hope to make available soon.

We'd like to thank everyone that's taken the time to get in contact - we've collated everything we've seen across forums, emails, social media, and from those of you we've spoken to in person. It's not possible to fix everything that everyone would like us to, but we think we can fix a great deal of them - here's a list:

- Updated audio horn

- Updated audio on wheels when cornering

- Fix for the rear axles on the wagon pivot points

- Track type updated to show tunnel start/end points on the HUD

- Darkening wheel rim surfaces on loco and coaches

- Darkening wheel axles on loco and coaches

- EWIV Bt door opening corrected

- Re460 PMS brakes amended to be in default raised position

- Adjusted ground reflection of red lights

- Added various additional assets along the route.

- Lavargo Motorway asset updated to turn off Clipping volume in-game.

- Updates to Faido Station model

- Updates to Bellinzona Station model

- Updates to Bodio Station area

- Updates to SBB Coach model

- Fixed various floating trees and truck issues

- Various localisation corrections across all languages

- Updates to both in-game text and to documentation

Please note that these updates are now in the process of being tested and in case of problems might not all be implemented in an update which we hope will be available before too long.

We would like to thank you for all your feedback and while we cannot guarantee that all your wishes are granted, the team is working hard to address as many issues as they can. And whilst there's always a limit to how much can be done, if you feel they're doing a good job they would really appreciate reviews being left on Steam.

C.

Great to see the developers so much attentive to community's opinions, thank you very much for this!
    I also have a question for you: if there will be future plans for this route (like vehicle additions or route extensions), as you seem to imply, when will be able to know something? I'm already looking forward.
    Anyway, I'm really happy about this patch.

Comment

An admirable behavior, perfection is difficult to achieve and sometimes it is better to find an acceptable compromise, from your customer I was satisfied with the route and pleasantly surprised by this announcement!

Comment

Hello,
        I'm glad to see that you're listening to the community, a rare thing in Train Simulator !

But I don't see any news for the 460's sounds or functionalities update, can we expect that the list you've provided could be updated ?

Comment

Thanks all. We're never going to be able to address everything everyone wants (or even everything *we* want!). At the moment there's no plans to update that list further though.

Andrea - we've nothing to announce at the moment, but when we do, you'll hear it here first

C.

Comment

One of the things that indeed needed to be fixed was the horrible Kuju BR 101 horn, glad to see that made it to the top of the list.
            Can't wait to see more stuff. Switzerland becomes more interesting with all the great content.
            Twitch Streamer of Simulation Games
            During the weekends you can find me at my own Twitch Page, playing some Simulation Games, including Train Simulator, Train Sim World and more.

More information about myself on my website.

Comment

Pity, the most important problem won't be fixed. Sounds are the only reason why I don't play on Gotthardbahn.

Comment

That's the update for Gotthardbahn just gone live

Patch notes for this are:
                - Updated the horn audio with new SFX.
                - Updated the flanging audio whilst traversing curves.
                - Updated the German manual to reflect correct information about V-Controller hotkey.
                - Updated track type to show tunnel start/end points on the HUD.
                - Updated the re460 PMS brakes to be in the default position raised above the rails.
                - A number of missing ballast plane assets have been reinstated to the route.
                - Updated Lavargo Motorway so that it now renders correctly.
                - Fixed an issue whereby rear axles on wagons jumped outside rails on curves.
                - Fixed an issue whereby wheel rim surfaces on loco and coaches didn’t match.
                - Darkened wheel axles on loco and coaches to improve visual appearance.
                - Fixed an issue whereby the door behind the driver’s cab opened in the wrong direction.
                - Adjusted the taillight illumination of the Re 460 based on customer feedback.
                - Update size: 630MB.

The team have been grateful for all the amazing feedback on the route to date, and although haven't been able to address absolutely everything that folk have flagged, tried to do as many as they can.

If you appreciate their efforts, please review the route on Steam if you haven't already - they're really keen to get it up to 50 reviews and are only 8 away, so every extra review really counts!

Comment

Hello,
                  I can't install the update, even after 2 reinstallations and Steam restart. When I came back from work, Steam download something for TS, but it seems it was not the update. :/

edit : When I posted this message, something was downloaded again, but that's not the update. :/
                  Last edited by Nemo; 09-05-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Fantastic!
                    That's much much better now, thanks
                    Renato Gaudio Torino

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                      Hello,
                      I can't install the update, even after 2 reinstallations and Steam restart. When I came back from work, Steam download something for TS, but it seems it was not the update. :/

edit : When I posted this message, something was downloaded again, but that's not the update. :/
                      Nemo were you eventually able to get the update?

Comment

Hi,
                        sadly not. The PMS brake is still in the lower position, the door near the cab of the IC Bt is still opening in the wrong direction etc..

Comment

• matteomo
                          matteomo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This is really strange. Have you tried to verify the game cache from Steam?

• Nemo
                          Nemo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have a lot of third-parties updates, doing the cache verification will delete them. It would take ages to find those updates again and reinstall.

• AmScot01324_Rivet
                          AmScot01324_Rivet commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Then unfortunately it sounds like you do not have the update installed. An easy way to tell if you have the latest version of the Gotthardbahn product (with the updates installed) is to look at the front door of the Bt driving coach as it opens. If it opens forwards then you do have the latest version.

For Nemo:
                        I had a lot of troubles in the past in downloading purchases from Dovetail, until I discovered that my anti-virus (F-secure, on the other side very very good) was an hindrance.
                        By temporarly stopping the antivirus the downloading was very fast and complete!
                        Renato

Comment

An easy way to tell if you have the latest version of the Gotthardbahn product (with the updates installed) is to look at the front door of the Bt driving coach as it opens. If it opens forwards as shown on this image then you do have the latest version. Nemo

Comment

Hi,
                            the door doens't open in the right way like in the screenshot,

I don't think my anti-virus (Kaspersky) has something to do with my problem, because other games I play are updating normally.

Comment

Working...
                            X