Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW 2 | Arosa Line: Chur - Arosa | Available now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mob4004, all your points are correct. The fact is that there are times where a number of factors make us opt for something that is more viable to do and gives more variety to the players but maybe it's slightly anachronistic rather than the 100% accurate reprodution from all points of view.

So, you're right when you say that the year in which the line is set is not completely matching with the timetable, but, on the other hand, there are many players who're more interested in the game experience itself and who can enjoy the possibility of having to choose between a larger range of service types.
    Furthermore, making a full copy and paste of a real timetable in the simulator has still some technical/material difficulties, so what we try to do is to recreate a timetable which can be as similar as possible to the one in real life and that can be at the same time compatible with the needs of the game.

The same about game experience can be said for the departure signals, but, in any case, these are only a small detail, there's no need to operate them.

Comment

• Europeantrainspotting
      Europeantrainspotting commented
      Editing a comment
      So you are able to drive past these signals without pushing the button in the controll box and the scenario or service wont be cut of?

• matteomo
      matteomo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, absolutely. It's more of a surplus feature.

The request stop button will work on the Train and the station?

Comment

Originally posted by Atevetrago View Post
      The request stop button will work on the Train and the station?
      Hi Atevetrago , if everything comes together as planned, they will work both on the stations and on the train. This is still in development, there might be changes to it!
      I don't know, if an AI will stop if you pressed the "Request Stop" button though...

Comment

• RudolfJan
        RudolfJan commented
        Editing a comment
        "I don't know, if an AI will stop if you pressed the "Request Stop" button though... "
        For the passengers on the AI trains this would be a vital function to have, I guess ... 😉

I do not know if it is feasible to do, but would it be possible to make switches as much as possible manual? Using the scenario planner this may allow to do some shunting, which otherwise is not possible. To me it seems there is no obvious reason to make switches automatic. Trains can set switches ahead. It would make a nice experiment. The alternative would be to create a number of yards that may serve as a starting point for the scenario planner.
      Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 03-08-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I just watched the new preview of the loco, but I noticed if you walk on the floor on the loco, it sounds like walking on gravel. I immediately watched the guard signaling video and I heard it again.
        I hope it gets fixed before release.
        Dutch trainspotter.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
          Jasper_Rivet commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for highlighting, that's now fixed!

Thanks for the report, it should be already fixed. We'll check though.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	3587 In response to a response in a comment on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZWu...re=em-comments
          All Ge 4/4 II have side advertising (except 621 and 624 which are completely red). It has nothing to do with the line and locomotives with advertising run normally on the Arosa line.
          For the Ge 4/4 II 618 which you show in your screenshots, it currently has on one side "RhB Rhätische Bahn" and on the other side "RhB Viafier retica" If the road is dated roughly 4/5 years back (which is strange for a DLC sold in 2021, but Thomson Interactive did not completely work for nothing), then the Ge 4/4 II 618 should display the advertisement for "edelweiss air" (2013-2017).

The "edelweiss air" livery on the Ge 4/4 II 618 from your colleague SimTrain.ch in RhB Heidi Express DLC.
          trainplayer59: Allegra from a RhB fan

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
            Jasper_Rivet commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, we saw your comment on YouTube and here, thanks for flagging this! But recreating a livery is more than just painting the loco - just think about licensing terms, this is were it get's complicated. BUT, we might have different liveries in TSW2 at some point...

After seeing the demonstration video of the cab and the locomotive I, as well as the whole TSW2 is very excited and looking forward to this route. I can’t wait to see it in action driving through the streets! Keep up the great work!
          I also want to say that Rivet should have its own “3rd party” sub-forum on the official DTG forums so you can reach out to the majority of TSW2 players!

Comment

I've just read the new article and saw the screenshots but what happened here?
            Dutch trainspotter.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
              Jasper_Rivet commented
              Editing a comment
              This is a work in progress screenshot. Things like these can happen, I'm just amused by the fact that Dovetail haven't noticed it. They do take stuff like this very seriously!

But I'll get this bug into our system, thanks for highlighting!

I just watched the preview of the EW1 coach and I noticed two bugs:
            • The door sounds are missing. (Only the back and front coach has door sounds.)
            • Static gangways, at some point you almost fell down 😂
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-03-07 om 17.37.19.png Views:	0 Size:	727.2 KB ID:	3656 Click image for larger version  Name:	Schermafbeelding 2021-03-07 om 17.37.14.png Views:	0 Size:	1.22 MB ID:	3657
            Attached Files
            Dutch trainspotter.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
              Jasper_Rivet commented
              Editing a comment
              ​Hi Mat,

always remember, these videos are shot on preview builds! But yes, getting the gangways set up for the Arosa Line has been quite a challenge for us. We're improving them further, to make everything run smooth! ​

I have just seen your video of the inside of the passenger and baggage car and boy do they look great.but then that made me wonder with there being shunting and switching of these cars nessary on the route will all cars have working couplers?(including each coach).

PS:Will the baggage car door yellow saftey bar be removable?

Edit from Jasper: I moved this into the Arosa Line topic here to keep things clean.
            Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 03-08-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
              Jasper_Rivet commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, all of the coaches do have working couplers, of course!
              And no, the yellow bar can't be removed right now - sorry!

Being that there aren't any cab cars included, then the locomotives will at least need to run around the trains at each end of the line between services. But I don't expect there to be any proper shunting of coaches such as making or breaking up trains, as that is normally done by small diesel shunters which won't be included. Also I think in reality this is only done at the yard in Chur, and I doubt that part of the route will be fully modelled. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Edit from Jasper: I moved this into the Arosa Line topic here to keep things clean.
            Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 03-08-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
              Jasper_Rivet commented
              Editing a comment
              You're very right with your thoughts, but you do have to couple a few freight coaches up in at least on scenario!

And the Chur yard isn't included.

Originally posted by SHINO BAZ View Post
            I have just seen your video of the inside of the passenger and baggage car and boy do they look great.but then that made me wonder with there being shunting and switching of these cars nessary on the route will all cars have working couplers?(including each coach).

PS:Will the baggage car door yellow saftey bar be removable?

Ok that fine so i guess this just means you can't enter or leave the baggage car throu the side door.

Comment

Originally posted by SHINO BAZ View Post

Ok that fine so i guess this just means you can't enter or leave the baggage car throu the side door.
              Update: I just checked the latest build, the yellow bar is now animated along the door opening and sliding along rails to the top (just above the door), like it would in real life.

And you can enter the baggage car through the large side door.

Comment

Well well, here we go! It is in the upcoming stage
                Hope we will get a release date soon, cause two weeks after the release date is given is already to long haha!

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                  Jasper_Rivet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well spotted! You'll get a release date soon enough, don't worry!
              Working...
              X