No announcement yet.

TSW2 | Isle of Wight | OUT NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a reason you didn't include the Steam line? It's only 5 miles long and allows new opportunities for a future dlc (kinda like DTG did with Main Spessart Bahn). Combined, it'd still be shorter than any other route that has been released so far.

Personally, I think £19.99 would be a little more justified if it included both lines. I don't mind having to pay for a seperate Add-On that uses the Steam Line. Just make the line at least explorable. Without it, the route feels somewhat unsatisfying to play.

Comment

Originally posted by SHINO BAZ
      Question Rivet Games if you had to give a progress of route report,with a rating between 0% to 100%,with 0% Being not started and 100% being totally done and ready for release,where would the isle of wight stand today,please give us a hint.
      You've posted 12 times in 72 posts asking about updates, screenshots, and release dates. We get it, you want to know when it will be ready for launch. We all are interested in the route: that's why we're here. In a Train Sim stream a few days ago, Sam (from DTG) stated that they're currently going back and forth on QA testing with Rivet.

When a release date is announced, there will almost certainly be tweets by Rivet and Dovetail, posts on their respective Facebook pages, posts on here and the Dovetail forums, and likely also a post on the TSW2 Steam page; in short, you will know when it's been announced, so these continual posts every few days asking for an update are unnecessary. Please stop with the spam.
      Last edited by heyitspopcorn; 10-03-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Express1217 View Post
        Is there a reason you didn't include the Steam line? It's only 5 miles long and allows new opportunities for a future dlc (kinda like DTG did with Main Spessart Bahn). Combined, it'd still be shorter than any other route that has been released so far.

Personally, I think £19.99 would be a little more justified if it included both lines. I don't mind having to pay for a seperate Add-On that uses the Steam Line. Just make the line at least explorable. Without it, the route feels somewhat unsatisfying to play.
        Perhaps there is some form of restriction? I'm suprised dovetail haven't even touched steam on any of the TSW games yet, and it's been out quite a while now

Comment

Loving the new "Insight" Images of Isle of Wight route! 👍

Its great to see the detail going into the stations and the train itself. Could one of the next "Insight" images be about the train movement, the wheels, the bogies etc.

Also any chance we can get sparks from the third rail? 😉

Comment

Sure, that shouldn't be a problem, have a look at the attachements!

I don't think there are sparks on the third rail, but let me speak to our developers about it!
            Edit: No, we don't simulate sparks on the third rail yet, we would love to do them once we figured out how do simulate them in a good way! Thanks for your question anyway!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 10-08-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Great looking pictures! Just one thing, can you make sure the shaders are applied appropriately? In a lot of DTG products, cabs often aren’t dark enough and lack shadows where there should be.

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                Jasper_Rivet commented
                Editing a comment
                I do think we got these right. Don't compare the screenshots above with them, these are some quick renders I did in Blender.

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
              Sure, that shouldn't be a problem, have a look at the attachements!

I don't think there are sparks on the third rail, but let me speak to our developers about it!
              Edit: No, we don't simulate sparks on the third rail yet, we would love to do them once we figured out how do simulate them in a good way! Thanks for your question anyway!
              Thank you for sending those images over!!!! They look EPIC!! Looking forward to seeing the next official screenshot

Shame about the sparks, but would be good to see this in the future. I think its something people asked for on Bakerloo Line too. Counting down the "hours"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IoW Keyart.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	2599

We're finally able to share more details about the Isle of Wight with you! We'll publish the add-on on the 15th October 2020!

Watch the first devblog about the process behind the class 483 for Train Sim World 2 here: https://youtu.be/V9EQryh_sNQ

Read our article here to learn more about the route: https://forums.rivet-games.com/articles/2581-tsw2-about-the-isle-of-wight

And don't forget to pre-order and save 10%: https://www.rivet-games.com/product/tsw2-isle-of-wight/
                Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 10-12-2020, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
                  We're finally able to share more details about the Isle of Wight with you! We'll publish the add-on on the 15th October 2020!

Watch the first devblog about the process behind the class 483 for Train Sim World 2 here: https://youtu.be/V9EQryh_sNQ

Read our article here to learn more about the route: https://forums.rivet-games.com/articles/2581-tsw2-about-the-isle-of-wight

And don't forget to pre-order and save 10%: https://www.rivet-games.com/product/tsw2-isle-of-wight/
                  Will we get a discount on console?

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                    Jasper_Rivet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately, there won't be a pre-order discount on the consoles. We simply can't do them. Sorry!

• MegaSim
                    MegaSim commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Jasper, sorry, I know we cant do pre-order, but will consoles get a launch discount of 10% like what happened with TSW2. Steam got pre-order discount for 7 days, and console got LAUNCH discount for 7days

• Jasper_Rivet
                    Jasper_Rivet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, there won't be any discount on the consoles. I apologise!

Jasper_Rivet How many settings are there on the blinds, and do the gaurds panels work in the cariges

Comment

fazelazar07 Hey, I don't know what blinds are you talking about, there are no blinds on the class 483 installed.
                    You can open/close doors and control passenger lights on the guard panels.

Comment

• MegaSim
                      MegaSim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I guess we can open the windows in the train as per the Dev video Also I wonder if the fan in the cab works... we'll find out in under 2 days!!

• Jasper_Rivet
                      Jasper_Rivet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, you can open/close the windows in the cab and the passenger area. The fan won't work though. But that would be a nice little detail...

I was not going to purchase this route but since a discount was given I immediately changed my mind and pre-ordered this content. When steam comes to TSW2, I hope the heritage route is added, running from Smallbrook Junction. That would be really good.

Comment

Jasper how many trophies are there on PS4? I've seen a list showing about 10 trophies, but PS4 only shows 4 on the TSW set 2 trophy list

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                        Jasper_Rivet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, there a 13 achievements coming with the Isle of Wight.

Thankyou Jasper :-) looking forward to tomorrow

Comment

Hi Jasper, do we know how big the file is for console? Ive heard rumours of 15gb!

Thanks

Comment

• Jasper_Rivet
                          Jasper_Rivet commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's about 4 GB download size on the PC, at least that's what I downloaded.
                          I can't tell you anything about the consoles I'm afraid..
                      Working...
                      X