Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobJansen
    replied
    Thanks for the tip RudolfJan , makes it so much better to drive.
    Strange it doesn't default to goods are it is mostly used as a shunter.
    But the update is good as always, fine work Rivet!

Originally posted by RudolfJan View Post
    I tried to find this information in the manual, but seems not to be mentioned there.
    I don't know who writes the manuals, but it seems that from any DLC of TSW (and sometimes TS as well) the manuals do not describe every function there is, sometimes even lacking everything that makes is a more 'pro' like add-on.

But I also notice that in the freeware community, most people are not careful enough with their manuals as in describing all options or even putting in some wrong information
    Last edited by RobJansen; 07-12-2020, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jstange
    replied
    Originally posted by RudolfJan View Post
    Thanks a lot for the update! Great job. I also discovered something. People were complaining about the the strong working of the brakes. I now discovered that outside the engine is a valve that allows to switch brake settings between Goods and Passengers. Setting the brakes to Goods solves a lot of braking issues. I tried to find this information in the manual, but seems not to be mentioned there.
    Can you please describe where exactly that valve is? Or post a screenshot? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: OK, found it, however it was already set to G in the scenario I was running.

There's a discussion on this on the DTG forum as well:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...ng-tips.24155/
    Last edited by jstange; 07-11-2020, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Last TrainToClarksville
    replied
    As another food fight breaks out in DTG's TSW forums, I'd like to know whether RIVET wrote the DB BR 204 manual, as I believe you did primarily because its layout is quite different from and definitely superior to DTG's typical product.

Leave a comment:

• De Mat '64
    replied
    Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
    The 204 update finally went live on Steam, expect the update on the consoles soon (within the next 48 hours). The update will be downloaded and installed automatically, there's nothing you have to do.

The update includes a new 90 min scenario, expanded service timetables, cab sway and more, including bugfixes. Let us know what you think!

(Edit: Thanks to Rob for beeing so quick here!)
    It looks good!
    Im a PS4 player and I got the update around 10 minutes after the announcement. When it was updated I immediately go to the new service and looked at the bogie and the ladder animation. Im almost done with the new scenario and its fine, only i have one complaint about the scenario: I was expecting that you start at the end of the Lohr industrial line and not at the entry.

Leave a comment:

• RudolfJan
    replied
    Thanks a lot for the update! Great job. I also discovered something. People were complaining about the the strong working of the brakes. I now discovered that outside the engine is a valve that allows to switch brake settings between Goods and Passengers. Setting the brakes to Goods solves a lot of braking issues. I tried to find this information in the manual, but seems not to be mentioned there.

Leave a comment:

• jstange
    replied
    It feels like the gravity constant of the Universe has just been altered...

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Jasper_Rivet
    replied
    The 204 update finally went live on Steam, expect the update on the consoles soon (within the next 48 hours). The update will be downloaded and installed automatically, there's nothing you have to do.

The update includes a new 90 min scenario, expanded service timetables, cab sway and more, including bugfixes. Let us know what you think!

(Edit: Thanks to Rob for beeing so quick here!)

Leave a comment:

• RobJansen
    replied
    The update has been pushed to Steam and should be ready for you. On Xbox and Playstation it should be available in the next 48 hours according to DTG.

Leave a comment:

• Last TrainToClarksville
    commented on 's reply
    Many thanks for keeping us informed, Jasper. I am looking forward to those longer activities, but patient enough to let the corporate maze run its course.

• Jasper_Rivet
    replied
    Hey there,

we're aware that the update on the 204 is eagerly awaited - we can't wait to see you finally playing the polished loco. But, we're still waiting for the 204 to pass Dovetails QA process, which we don't have a date for yet, but we're hoping it'll be just another week or two.
    But we can say for sure, that we didn't forgot about the update and we're still chasing Dovetail on this. The patch is definitely coming, it's on the internal beta build already.

We can understand your frustration, but again we ask for a little more patience. Thanks a lot for your undestanding!

Leave a comment:

• jstange
    replied
    Hi,

so I guess still no news about the patch... frankly, in my humble opinion, I believe that Rivet should try to do something here as it is their good reputation that is at stake here. Many people were dissatisfied with some of the things that this patch adresses and it is equally important not just to release patches but also release them in a timely manner. Who cares if something is fixed in several months? The product is discounted in the meantime when the release takes so long so it's about some kind of investment protection too.

I do not believe Rivet can do nothing here...at least they can ask or push DTG; I'd certainly be doing that if I were them: it is obvious that a lot of resources were invested to prepare the patch and it was made ready quite fast. All this demonstrates to my customers that I do care about their feedback and I'm ready to react to it pretty fast. Great stuff. But then DTG totally ruin my effort and basically send my investment into trash as the release will never be seen in such a positive way as it would have been 1-2 months ago.

Several days back DTG were showing the BR204 in a stream without the patch applied. Unfortunately this again supports my fears they could have dropped the patch during the TSW2 prep. It has some logic to it: if they plan to release all content as "preserved" in TSW2 and have to make it ready for the release, they have to have some patch freeze date for all the TSW DLCs. Now with slightly over a month to the TSW2 release it is well possible that the freeze is already in effect...

Leave a comment:

• RobJansen
    replied
    I really hoped that it would have released with the Class 20 (or the update before), but yeah. It always is speculation until it is actually released.

Been keeping my eye on changed to depots of Train Sim World (you can view them publicly on SteamDB).
    Depots are really the content of the game and yesterday the MSB route aswell as the BR204 both went to the "rc_internal" depot (release candidate internal).

Which hopefully means that a release is coming soon (the Class 20 was about 10 days in rc_internal).
    It seems no other depots have been updated to rc_internal, some for 'development', but don't know what the branch is for, maybe TSW2 compatibility (204 isn't on there).

As for TSW2, not all content is immediately available upon release they announced in the Q&A Stream and on several occasions on their forum.

As for 'preserved', they are still in the wind about updates, but you can not use it in the scenario editor or the livery editor and thus they are stuck on their original route with the service mode and scenario's. Maybe it can benefit from improved adhesion as such, but we won't know for sure.
    They did say that it isn't 'remastered', so the content (even with bugs) stay's the same.

So the BR 204 on the MSB is the same as you have in TSW1 but you drive it when starting up TSW2.
    TSW2 is a paid upgrade (if on PC, you have 2 routes for the price of one) but you can still start TSW2020 if you want, you don't have to buy TSW2, but no new content is coming to TSW2020.

Hopefully this isn't each time they upgrade now. Their fishing game is treated the same, a 'new one' comes out this month.

I do know that many people in the community are upset as DTG said after three and half years they won't be releasing a full public editor, which means for many communities TSW2 is D.O.A. (dead on arrival) as no builders will touch TSW2. Some even stopped TS20xx development and looking into coding and Trainz.

Leave a comment:

• Jasper_Rivet
    replied
    DarkREaper No, unfortunately I don't have any news on the 204 update. It's at Dovetails QA for a long time, we don't know when it will be available. Hopefully very soon!

Regarding the TSW2: The 204 has nothing to do with TSW2 or is held back until it's release.
    As Dovetail already said, all the TSW1 addons you own will be there in TSW2. So yes, the 204 will be in the TSW2.

Leave a comment:

• DarkREaper
    replied
    Are there any news on what the plans for the BR204 are going to be. Is it going to be re-released for TSW2? Do we need to pay for an enhanced version (hopefully with a discount), do we get a free upgrade, or is it now just permanently "preserved" on MSB and there will never be a TSW2 version?

Leave a comment:

• RobJansen
    replied
    jstange based on those earlier observations is that it should have indeed gone live with that update, but maybe there is something that held it back. There is a possibility that another fix/release is incoming just before launch or with the launch of the Class 20.

Sadly DTG aren't the best of communicating of most things, hopefully the last Q&A isn't a one off, although you could see Matt struggling to answer yes/no, as he doesn't wait to disappoint people, but a "maybe" it in people's eyes always a yes.
    As he said a definitely "no" to a public editor lots of people I know are very upset at how DTG handles it and one even stopped all his development of Classic TS assets and is looking at Trainz.

But several other things stil aren't fixed (TS Classic and TSW) and I think never will be fixed, as for 1.5 years at least for one item to be fixed for the Classic Train Simulator.

Hopefully they learn to communicate to all Train Sim Communities much how Rivet Games is handling it so that everyone is happy
    Kudos to Rivet Games on all fronts!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X