TSW: Out Now: DB BR 204

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there,

we're aware that the update on the 204 is eagerly awaited - we can't wait to see you finally playing the polished loco. But, we're still waiting for the 204 to pass Dovetails QA process, which we don't have a date for yet, but we're hoping it'll be just another week or two.
    But we can say for sure, that we didn't forgot about the update and we're still chasing Dovetail on this. The patch is definitely coming, it's on the internal beta build already.

We can understand your frustration, but again we ask for a little more patience. Thanks a lot for your undestanding!

Comment

• Last TrainToClarksville
      Last TrainToClarksville commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks for keeping us informed, Jasper. I am looking forward to those longer activities, but patient enough to let the corporate maze run its course.

The update has been pushed to Steam and should be ready for you. On Xbox and Playstation it should be available in the next 48 hours according to DTG.
    Twitch Streamer of Simulation Games
    Find me on Twitch /robjansen, Twitter: @robjansennl , Instagram: @robjansen1988 Steam: /robjansen and YouTube: /robjansen

More information about myself on my website https://www.robjansen.info

Comment

The 204 update finally went live on Steam, expect the update on the consoles soon (within the next 48 hours). The update will be downloaded and installed automatically, there's nothing you have to do.

The update includes a new 90 min scenario, expanded service timetables, cab sway and more, including bugfixes. Let us know what you think!

(Edit: Thanks to Rob for beeing so quick here!)

Comment

It feels like the gravity constant of the Universe has just been altered...

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks a lot for the update! Great job. I also discovered something. People were complaining about the the strong working of the brakes. I now discovered that outside the engine is a valve that allows to switch brake settings between Goods and Passengers. Setting the brakes to Goods solves a lot of braking issues. I tried to find this information in the manual, but seems not to be mentioned there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
            The 204 update finally went live on Steam, expect the update on the consoles soon (within the next 48 hours). The update will be downloaded and installed automatically, there's nothing you have to do.

The update includes a new 90 min scenario, expanded service timetables, cab sway and more, including bugfixes. Let us know what you think!

(Edit: Thanks to Rob for beeing so quick here!)
            It looks good!
            Im a PS4 player and I got the update around 10 minutes after the announcement. When it was updated I immediately go to the new service and looked at the bogie and the ladder animation. Im almost done with the new scenario and its fine, only i have one complaint about the scenario: I was expecting that you start at the end of the Lohr industrial line and not at the entry.

Comment

As another food fight breaks out in DTG's TSW forums, I'd like to know whether RIVET wrote the DB BR 204 manual, as I believe you did primarily because its layout is quite different from and definitely superior to DTG's typical product.

Comment

Originally posted by RudolfJan View Post
                Thanks a lot for the update! Great job. I also discovered something. People were complaining about the the strong working of the brakes. I now discovered that outside the engine is a valve that allows to switch brake settings between Goods and Passengers. Setting the brakes to Goods solves a lot of braking issues. I tried to find this information in the manual, but seems not to be mentioned there.
                Can you please describe where exactly that valve is? Or post a screenshot? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: OK, found it, however it was already set to G in the scenario I was running.

There's a discussion on this on the DTG forum as well:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...ng-tips.24155/
                Last edited by jstange; 07-11-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the tip RudolfJan , makes it so much better to drive.
                  Strange it doesn't default to goods are it is mostly used as a shunter.
                  But the update is good as always, fine work Rivet!

Originally posted by RudolfJan View Post
                  I tried to find this information in the manual, but seems not to be mentioned there.
                  I don't know who writes the manuals, but it seems that from any DLC of TSW (and sometimes TS as well) the manuals do not describe every function there is, sometimes even lacking everything that makes is a more 'pro' like add-on.

But I also notice that in the freeware community, most people are not careful enough with their manuals as in describing all options or even putting in some wrong information
                  Last edited by RobJansen; 07-12-2020, 03:51 PM.
                  Twitch Streamer of Simulation Games
                  Find me on Twitch /robjansen, Twitter: @robjansennl , Instagram: @robjansen1988 Steam: /robjansen and YouTube: /robjansen

More information about myself on my website https://www.robjansen.info

Comment

Working...
                  X