• Show
Clear All

• TSW: Out Now: DB BR 204

Click image for larger version

Name:	02-04-2020_BR204Announcement.jpg
Views:	2296
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1280

As you have probably already seen on our social media channels yesterday, we would like to proudly present our first product in TSW. The TSW is a train simulator based on the Unreal Engine 4, which opens up completely new possibilities with the features of the UE4 and e.g. the Simugraph. That makes us all the more happy to be able to develop the 204 there.

More information about the BR 204 can be found here in the DTG article: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...le/diesel-duty

Some more pictures of the Rivet Games BR204:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2422
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	1277Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	2301
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	1279Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	2264
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	1278

I'm sure this one is gonna be my favorite !

__________________________________________________ _

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox
    Last edited by burbigo1; 06-01-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Many thanks to everyone that's taken the time to give feedback about the 204. From the very beginning of Rivet we've always strived to produce content of the highest viable quality, and it's great that so people have recognised this in the quality and detail of the 204 loco model.

This was our first TSW product though, and Dovetail's first ever third party TSW content, so there's been a lot of extra complexities to work through, and obviously we've got it wrong in terms of the amount of gameplay.

So we'll fix that. We need to work out with Dovetail what's possible, so we can't give any idea of timescale of when it might be available, but we *will* be adding more gameplay content for everyone that's bought the 204. And even after that update, we will continue to look at other solutions to expand its gameplay.

Some PlayStation players are having problems with PZB which we're trying to get to the bottom of - but unfortunately the problem seems very complex. So it would be really helpful if anyone that's getting the problem could give us as much detail as possible - including what model of PlayStation you're using, which country you're in, which build of TSW, and if you're using any custom third-party controllers, or anything else that could be different about your setup to others.

Please post in either Dovetail Live or the Rivet forums with detail, and link to any screen capture footage of problems happening. This would be hugely useful in helping us understand and fix problems.
      Last edited by Jasper_Rivet; 04-30-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

The loco itself is indeed fun to drive although a few things I did notice.

- When adjust your seat height or travel, it always goes from 0 to 100, there is nothing in between.
        - After adjusting the height it isn't possible to lower it again, only the 'travel' prompt appears.

But besides that it is indeed extremely limited in gameplay.
        Only 1 service in Lohr and it is delivering a set of wagons and some of the services are just a few 'stop here, couple and uncouple'.
        I would suggest making a few more shunting services that involve actual shunting.

Moving a few wagons around to get to the correct ones and assemble a train that involves shunting wagons out of the way to get to the ones you need.
        Maybe set it up like in the banking services a two or three stages.
        In the Heavy Haul Add-On there was at least one of the services or scenario's like a shunting puzzle.

As for the services currently, it seems everything happens during the night and morning. But not during the rest of the day.
        You can also look into doing some services for RSN. Still a few undiscovered places there.

The detail of the loco is fine, sounds nice and texturing is good and love switching between the desks to make it a bit more interesting.

One memorable clip from my Twitch Stream past Saturday was this one: https://clips.twitch.tv/KitschyDarkMelonCharlieBitMe

I was busy with coupling wagons as per instruction and the BR 204 takes them away was already here and pushed my entire consist a bit further when he tried to couple already
        Last edited by RobJansen; 04-30-2020, 12:42 PM. Reason: Added Twitch Clip
        Twitch Streamer of Simulation Games
        Find me on Twitch /robjansen, Twitter: @robjansennl , Instagram: @robjansen1988 Steam: /robjansen and YouTube: /robjansen

More information about myself on my website https://www.robjansen.info

Comment

• Last TrainToClarksville
          Last TrainToClarksville commented
          Editing a comment
          Regarding your comment about seat adjustments: Running TSW on a PC, I find that both of the seat adjustments (height & travel) can be set at intermediate positions and can be changed at any time. I've been using the highest seat position because it provides a better view of the what's ahead.

Originally posted by Jasper_Rivet View Post
        Many thanks to everyone that's taken the time to give feedback about the 204. From the very beginning of Rivet we've always strived to produce content of the highest viable quality, and it's great that so people have recognised this in the quality and detail of the 204 loco model.

This was our first TSW product though, and Dovetail's first ever third party TSW content, so there's been a lot of extra complexities to work through, and obviously we've got it wrong in terms of the amount of gameplay.

So we'll fix that. We need to work out with Dovetail what's possible, so we can't give any idea of timescale of when it might be available, but we *will* be adding more gameplay content for everyone that's bought the 204. And even after that update, we will continue to look at other solutions to expand its gameplay.
        its good to hear that you are addressing the game play issues. Its a lovely model and I cant wait to use it more often. IF this is your first release for TSW then I am definitely looking forward to your next lot of DLC

Thank You.

Hentis

Comment

Hentis Thanks a lot for your kind words! The team is always happy about positive feedback too.

RobJansen Thanks a lot for the feedback and the suggestions on how to improve. I will forward your points to our dev team.

We would love to build new services for other routes, but Dovetail has to actually do some changes on the route to make it possible that the 204 drives there. We're talking to them right now and will see, how this turns out.

Comment

I'm curious about how this engine is driven in the real world. In particular, it seems to me that a driver would nearly always change seats so as to have the best view of the task at hand. However, in most activities the driver remains in the seat taken initially. The only difficulty I've had is sometimes forgetting how to properly shut down one desk before changing to the other. I'd like to know more about real-world driving techniques and what other TSW players are doing in this regard.

Comment

Last TrainToClarksville to change desk you have to put the train brake on the "inactive" position, then remove the brake key, move the reverser to the neutral position and remove the master key. Now you're ready to change desk (remember also to set the lights properly). Hope it helps

Comment

We wanted to give you a more detailed look at what is coming soon with the 204 update:

Changelog for the update:
                - Offset bogie fixed (and faint yellow markings have been added)
                - Added climb ladder animation
                - Added cab sway to the cameras
                - Fixed a crash in the Scenario
                - Optimized the head out camera to see a little bit from the front of the loco
                - Added 1 Scenario that is 1 hour and 50 mins long from Lohr Industrial Yard to Hafenbahnhof DockYard
                - Added an additional service mode that is approx 30 mins long. This service will replace the Dock Freight Move service. (Both of these scenarios feature runarounds around yard areas and stations.)

If you have any questions, happy to answer them!

Comment

• De Mat '64
                  De Mat '64 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are there coming more changes to the DB 204?

• Jasper_Rivet
                  Jasper_Rivet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We're looking into what we can do on a further update, but nothing I can give promise on that.

Sounds good! Any info on when exactly this is coming out, Jasper? Thanks a lot.
                Last edited by jstange; 05-15-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

I've discovered that when driving in low-light conditions turning on the cab light in the cab behind you (the one you are facing away from) illuminates the desk controls without shining into your eyes.

Comment

jstange No, unfortunately not. It is into QA, but we can't tell when it will be out. I guess somewhat around the end of the month.

Comment

It would be awesome to have a scenario pack including timetable services for other routes as well, Rhein-Ruhr Osten and RSN are crying for shunter services. It does't need to be free, but unfortunately we cannot create scenarios by ourselves yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RudolfJan View Post
                        It would be awesome to have a scenario pack including timetable services for other routes as well, Rhein-Ruhr Osten and RSN are crying for shunter services. It does't need to be free, but unfortunately we cannot create scenarios by ourselves yet.
                        Yes, a paid scenario pack would be great. The current limitation of TSW to things that are pre-made is starting to be very frustrating. The reasons for not releasing the editor are not technical though I am afraid...

Hope the BR204 patch is about to come, I am intentionally keeping all the scenarios with the 204 for after the patch is released...

Comment

RudolfJan True, that would be a good idea! I'll forward it to our developers for sure!

jstange Unfortunately, I can't tell you something new. But we'll let you know once we know more when the update will be released.

Comment

Working...
                          X